Oooo Chicken and Salad!

Options

Replies

• QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    White meat or dark meat? This is important.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Great idea! AND, for entertainment the game theme for the night will be 'who can make it to the washroom first'...lol

I only have one bathroom and I usually wash my veggies in the sink there since my kitchen sink is always full of dishes.

I do this too but when I was my hands I usually leave the veggies in the sink.. It's just too much work to take them out and then put them right back in again.

You wash your hands? That seems pointless too...I mean, they are just going to get dirty again.

Srsly! Towels are expensive to wash and soap is expensive too. I use them as little as possible.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Great idea! AND, for entertainment the game theme for the night will be 'who can make it to the washroom first'...lol

I only have one bathroom and I usually wash my veggies in the sink there since my kitchen sink is always full of dishes.

I do this too but when I was my hands I usually leave the veggies in the sink.. It's just too much work to take them out and then put them right back in again.

You wash your hands? That seems pointless too...I mean, they are just going to get dirty again.

That IS a very good point!!! Guess that will have to stop.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm just really thankful I'm not one of your dinner guests!
  • RachelLovesHockey
    Options
    I'd suggest spinach instead of lettuce for the salad that way there is the added bonus of potentially adding E. Coli 0157 to the marinade/dressing. E. Coli and Salmonella bacteria eat each other so this should be fine as long as the salad is at room temperature for a few hours prior to serving.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I should give you my chicken tartare recipe. It's divine.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I lol'd, then I gagged, then I lol'd again, then I gagged.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    You really need to post the recipe. My friends Sam and Ella would love this!
  • angied80
    Options
    I do not understand why some people are being so insensitive. She OBVIOUSLY does care about the well being of her guests or she would not be trying to make them the best salad possible.
  • Supercatie80
    Supercatie80 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I'm actually more interested in the fact that her parents deciding to join the party has upped the count from 8 to 15....gain of (carry the 2).....7. I knew it, you were the true story behind the sitcom "My Three Dads"! Can I have your autograph?

Oooh, little cooking tip...give your finger a little slice while you're cutting up the chicken and lettuces, it will secretly add some extra iron and give your salad a more robust flavor. Just don't slice yout finger off completely...unless your having a Donner party.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ive got a better idea,crush up some Ali pills slip it in everyones drinks then serve McDonalds. Just make sure you have plenty of TP
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Great news! My parents are coming for dinner too! That ups the guest count from 8 to 15!
    WOW, you have a lot of parents. Do they all know each other (in the biblical sense)?
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Ive got a better idea,crush up some Ali pills slip it in everyones drinks then serve McDonalds. Just make sure you have plenty of TP
    And more than one bathroom.
  • angied80
    Options

You say that like you have done this before?
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options

Do I look like someone that would do such a mean thing?:devil:
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    You can't marinate it with the uncooked chicken if you're not going to cook the vegetables! You don't want to food poison your guests! (Or, well, depending on who's coming over, perhaps... :devil: ).
  • angied80
    Options

Do I look like someone that would do such a mean thing?:devil:

Truthfully?
    tee hee...
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    Remember when people were actually funny on the forums?

Nope.

it must have been before you joined.

I have a very fuzzy memory of it.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Couldnt you get food poisoning?
    Yes you could. Coming from a cooking family, and the sister of a wonderful chef ,you could absolutely get food poising marinating raw chicken with veggies you are not going to cook. I toss my veggies with a little red wine vinegar and a touch of olive oil, along with some crushed garlic and and some crushed red pepper. It is delicious. Then I top that with my marinated and grilled chicken.
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You said you wanted to marinate the veggies in the same container as the uncooked chicken, then plate the veg and cook the chicken. You will be contaminating the veggies with raw chicken=bacteria.

No my chicken is free roam grass fed from a local farm, there's no bacteria on it!

It is not the industrial process that adds salmonela to chickens. Salmonela occurs normally out in the real world. Free roaming chickens are just as likely if not more likely to have salmonela than ones that are being carefully controlled by a company with its reputation on the line.