Options

Replies

• loobie1805
    Options
    Hmmmm Milk - thats what I put in mine - of half fat milk
  • newme201213
    newme201213 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    buy some milk and keep it in ur office refrigerator...
  • izzyv2005
    Options
    powdered non-dairy creamer, no added sugar and the added benefit of keeping my coffee HOT
  • Tcakes85
    Options
    Fat free Carnation is what I use on the rare occasion that I drink coffee.
  • freckledbean
    Options
    I drink instant... saves me money and I don't mind the taste. I mix 1 tsp of coffee granules, less than 1/2 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, a packet of stevia, then pour in the water, then add 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk. It tastes perfect to me.
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I do skim milk and splenda...when I'm not using actual creamer. There are definitely some things I have a hard time giving up so I find ways to allow me to have them. :laugh:
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I drink instant... saves me money and I don't mind the taste. I mix 1 tsp of coffee granules, less than 1/2 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, a packet of stevia, then pour in the water, then add 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk. It tastes perfect to me.

that sounds REALLY good!
  • andreacord
    Options
    If you're not opposed to sugar free products, Torani sells some really great sugar free syrups. I have a Keurig though so I usually buy the flavored K cups and just add a splash of skim milk, if I have regular coffee I have a 1/2 a shot of the sugar free caramel syrup and a splash of skim milk, works nicely for me.
  • sco8462
    sco8462 Posts: 34
    Options
    I switched to soy a long time ago and it has less calories and fat. For those times when you need a flavor, Stevia and Splenda come in flavors now. I found them on Amazon. not sure if the grocery stores carry. Stevia has fun flavors like chocolate raspberry and vanilla creme. Splenda, which I normally hate, has hazelnut.
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Uuugh! My problem too!! I always said my coffee is like a donut in a cup :bigsmile: I love it sweet!! I used to drink 20 oz every morning and am now down to only 1 8oz cup with 3-4 TBSP of Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel Creamer (15 cal per tbsp). I find the Sugar Free creamer to taste better (a little thicker) than the Fat Free (why bother!).

So, going to try the Coconut Creamer!!!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I recommended whole milk if you are at the coffee shop instead of cream. Still has the sweetness of milk fat, but you might need a 1/4 cup to get to the lightness you want. That's about 30 calories and has calcium

I also like soy creamer or coconut creamer, but since I use 3 tablespoons, it doesn't seem all that calorie free. :)

Unsweetened Almond Milk is a great recommendation too.

But honestlly, I just have a latte or cappuccino. At least I am getting some calcium or protein. :) These are 90-130 calories.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Personally I enjoy it too much to give it up period -- so I account for it in my calories.
    I buy the sugarfree or fatfree versions of the flavored ones I loved.
    I'm not a big fan of punishing myself :)

PS I acttually do use almond milk and coconut milk too - but they have no flavor and thats what I love!
    Those sugar-free syrups from davinci and torani work sometimes, but they aren't nearly as good as the real deal.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    hubby uses 2% Evaporated milk
    (he was a die-hard coffeemate user and it's all he will use now that i refuse to buy coffeemate anymore for him *L*)
  • Chubbasmommy
    Options
    i use the sugar free coffee mate ....its only 45 calories for 2tbsp. and then i use stevia instead of sugar
  • janmmitchell
    Options
    I use half and half. Just enough to lighten it. Hope this helps.
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options

I am the only coffee drinker in this household and was raised on instant coffee. So I have been drinking instant and I don't like my coffee black either and always with brown sugar. Not too long ago, I gave up the sugar. I can't stand sweetener. To me it has a weird taste. I use non-dairy original fat free creamer.

Tomorrow I will have to try coffee made from that french press hubby got me recently. I wonder if it tastes the same or close to the instant with just creamer.
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I use to vanilla creamers in my coffee in the morning. It only eats up 70 calories. I'm okay with that, I just don't eat those calories. I need my coffee............
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd be able to give up cream in my coffee but I made the switch and now use skim milk. I can't even drink my coffee with cream it anymore lol I literally gag!
  • Chubbasmommy
    Options

I am the only coffee drinker in this household and was raised on instant coffee. So I have been drinking instant and I don't like my coffee black either and always with brown sugar. Not too long ago, I gave up the sugar. I can't stand sweetener. To me it has a weird taste. I use non-dairy original fat free creamer.

Tomorrow I will have to try coffee made from that french press hubby got me recently. I wonder if it tastes the same or close to the instant with just creamer.

try stevia in the raw packets....it is better than sugar i think and does not have a weird taste like splenda etc....and sun crystals packets are really good too
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    Fat free Carnation is what I use on the rare occasion that I drink coffee.

^^ This. Evaporated fat free or 2% milk will give you a creamy taste with fewer calories and fat than a flavoured creamer. The fat-free flavoured creamers don't have that much fewer calories than the regular ones, which surprised me.

Personally, we've been using flavoured creamers for so long that I no longer find coffee with milk palatable. :sick: I consider my flavoured creamer to be a bit of an indulgence and don't begrudge myself the 35 or 40 cals in a tbsp. But if I'm having a flavoured coffee, then I used the evaporated milk.