Stumped on Slow Start! ?? 5'3, 117lbs Looking to lose 10lbs

Options
Doing the 30 day shred...on Day 11... I have not lost any...nor have my measurments really changed...I started at 116lbs...gained almost 2lbs after day 7..then at day 11 - today saw that I lost it...so almost back to my starting point. I think I look differant but that the scale and the measuring tape are not showing it. Diet is good...High in protein...and around 1200 a day...anyone else my hight and weight strugeling to get things rollin?

Replies

• kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    When you have very little weight to lose, it can take quite a while to lose it. Losing 10 lbs in a healthy way at your current weight would probably take anywhere from 4-6 months. Don't get discouraged! Also, with 30DS you're strength training, and presumably building muscle. Muscle retains LOTS of water while it's repairing itself, which could explain why the scale and measurements are not moving. You are probably still losing fat during this process. See where you're at after the first month, I'm willing to bet you'll notice a difference by then.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Unless you have an incredibly ssmal flame, your weight sounds perfect.
    I'd focus less on the scale an dmore on increasing your fitness, muscle.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the longer it will take. Your body's calorie needs are a lot lower than the average person trying to lose weight and you just can't create a deficit large enough to see significant fat losses in a short period of time. Slow and steady and you'll get there. Don't get discouraged!!
  • HotHol
    HotHol Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies...Just needed to be reassured that it's normal :)...like I said I can 'see' a differance visualy so forsure will keep doing what I'm doing.
    thanks again
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    OP, with so little to lose your goal should be to lose 0.5lbs/week at the most, and make sure you are eating most of the calories you burn from exercise back, or you will risk losing lean muscle instead of the last bit of fat.
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I often took weight lifting classes during high school and college. During one semester I weighed exactly the same at the beginning as I did at the end but had dropped 2 dress sizes during the course of the semester. I was much leaner and healthier even though the scale didn't show that. Keep shooting for that weight loss goal, but because it is slow going remember to take the time to log in some other measurements like waist size, hip size, etc. If you see the changes there you'll notice that the work is truly paying off and it will be a little less discouraging.