p90x

Options
how come the website doesnt have the p90x workouts in it yet. heck i thought by now some one was doing it.

Replies

• helstar
    helstar Posts: 6
    Options
    how come the website doesnt have the p90x workouts in it yet. heck i thought by now some one was doing it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    welcome......there are several P90 threads to enjoy....take it easy...
    look around before you frown
  • helstar
    Options
    no i understand that in the forums. im talking about in the exercise tab on reporting what you did that day. the food tab has alot of stuff in there already. just not in the exercise tab.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    no i understand that in the forums. im talking about in the exercise tab on reporting what you did that day. the food tab has alot of stuff in there already. just not in the exercise tab.

OHHHH...I misunderstood

I am not sure about logging the cals from P90...I am sure the folks on the P90 threads have some input for you
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hello how long have you been doing p90x
  • helstar
    Options
    thanks dave. i have typed in everything i can think of other than actually just adding all the infor for it.

This is phase-2 week-3 day-3. i started at 230 and im at 209 today.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people are entering a custom number for each exercise that they're getting from their HRM. I'm just using the 1800 cals from the formula and not adding in exercise cals. that's where the 600 on the last step came from (I think).
  • RandaRussell
    Options
    I heard that each workout should burn up to 600 calories, but not sure...
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Very interesting question. I'm in week 11 and I can punch in my calories eaten but not the P90X workout. I believe you may have to customize it.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I heard that each workout should burn up to 600 calories, but not sure...

probably true as an average, but there have been a few females (me) that are burning 400-500 on most workouts.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I actually can burn anywhere from 475( KenpoX) to 775(Plyometrics) depending on what workout I'm doing... Everyone is different, and it also depends on how hard you work out... But it's probably safe to assume you're burning at least 500 calories per workout... Hope it helps a little!
  • helstar
    Options
    im burning anywhere from 600 to 1100ca a day. now that is just one workout. the days i have doubles, i have 600 in the morning and in the evening im getting 600 to 1100. just depends on the day and what work out it is. if i do cardio in the morning i burn 650 and in the evening if i do kenpo i can be at 1100 or more. just depends. but the main question is how come the workout programs arent already in the listed programs. has so i guess you all are manually entering them. so i have put in most all the workouts and i change the cal for the day and the workout.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Manually entering them is the only way that I've found you'll be accurate... I invested in a good HRM just for that purpose, because I was worried I'd be really off and would be over-compensating in the diet and nutrition aspect of the program. How long have you been doing P90X?
  • Skrib
    Skrib Posts: 18
    Options
    I just throw in 600 a day and around 270 for X-Stretch. But you are right, everyone is going to be way different based on a whole bunch of factors.

I had a related question - the target calories for the day seems to be driven by your weight loss goals, but for P90X there are other factors beyond simply weight loss goals that should be driving your total calories per day target. Any way to manually change this number??
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I also use a HRM now, but the guidelines recommend that you burn about 600 cals per workout. You have to manually add in the exercises, but you can use things like high impact aerobics for Plyo, kickboxing for Kenpo, and under cardio you can enter in strength training.

Join in on the P90X thread here if you want!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I just throw in 600 a day and around 270 for X-Stretch. But you are right, everyone is going to be way different based on a whole bunch of factors.

I had a related question - the target calories for the day seems to be driven by your weight loss goals, but for P90X there are other factors beyond simply weight loss goals that should be driving your total calories per day target. Any way to manually change this number??

Yep, you can manually change your numbers here at MFP. Go up to home, then goals and you can change your carb/ fat/ protein ratios, calories, etc. HTH!!