Question about calories

Options
Hello! I'm new to the site this week and I'm noticing that often the calories are different on the site vs. the nutrition facts on the packaging. Which is more accurate? How do most people log calories? I've just been using the nutrition facts from the items when I have it available, figuring that would be more specific than the general cals given on the site? And then I figured I'd use the general calories from the site when I don't have the nutrition facts available. . .Is that a good theory? Thanks for any tips you might have! :happy:

Replies

• sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to the site this week and I'm noticing that often the calories are different on the site vs. the nutrition facts on the packaging. Which is more accurate? How do most people log calories? I've just been using the nutrition facts from the items when I have it available, figuring that would be more specific than the general cals given on the site? And then I figured I'd use the general calories from the site when I don't have the nutrition facts available. . .Is that a good theory? Thanks for any tips you might have! :happy:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    There was one time where I was able to correct, but now I don't remember where or how I got there. It was only off a small amount but still I think if we have an accurate reading others might like that.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I've been entering my foods when I have the nutritional info and I include (CDN) behind them because I've noticed since traveling back and forth between Canada and the States that the nutritional values differ on seemingly identical items, that could be one discrepency.
  • Algrady
    Algrady Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I enter almost all the food I eat by entering the nutritional value from the package. That way I can always find my foods easily and I know the calories are correct. If I don't have the nutrional values, I find something on the site comparable or search the web. www.chatelaine.ca has a calorie counter that is helpful.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the tips! i appreciate it! those helped :smile: