Protein/Carbs/Fats ration for Cutting cycle

Options
Hello guys,

How is everything??

For the last 4-6 months I've been on a bulk up cycle. I've gained about 30 lbs during that time. A lot of that was fat but I definitely got some muscle with that as well because my bench press, pull ups etc are higher than they've ever been by far. During that time I'd average anywhere between 2500 to 4000 calories a day. I'd go by 40% protein 30% carbs and 30% fat intake ratios

Now though I'd like to go through a cutting cycle for the summer. So my question is what P/C/F ratios should I use for that?

Through an online search I've seen way to much opposing numbers so I was wondering what you guys think.

Also, since I want to preserve the muscle I probably shouldn't use more than a 500 calorie deficit right?

Thanks a lot for the input as always!!1

Cheers!!!

Replies

• EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Can u post a pic of urself relaxed pose to estimate BF percent, whats ur highet, weight,
  • Mateo1985
    Mateo1985 Posts: 153
    Options
    When I started bulking up I was at about 14-15% body fat. The number has gone up for me to 20-22% now. My height is 5'8 and I'm currently at about 165 lbs

I'll try to add a picture when I come home
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    When I started bulking up I was at about 14-15% body fat. The number has gone up for me to 20-22% now. My height is 5'8 and I'm currently at about 165 lbs

1900-2000cals
    165g protein
    45g healthy fats
    165g-200g carbs

this will keep ur muscle melt the fat... start doing supersets,trisets, "circuit training" and about 15-30min cardio minimum a day... keeping heart rate between 130-140...

once u start seeing a 2 or 4 pack start carb cycling... (more on that later haha)

now never "dirty" bulk again!!! 30lbs i dont care what you say is waaaaay too much of a gain during a bulk! even if you are on steroids you are looking and a 25lb MUSCLE gain and then loose about 10lbs in water weight afterwards... so if you are natural.. ur looking at about 10-15lbs of muscle a year if your nutirtion and training are 100% in check!!!

in my case 6'2... i put on this year about 12lbs of muscle and i am VERY! VERY! happy with that! now u might think whaat 12 lbs thats it for a whole year? well if u are lean that 12lbs makes a giant difference!!! just google "12lbs of ground beef" n u get the idea haha
  • Mateo1985
    Mateo1985 Posts: 153
    Options

1900-2000cals
    165g protein
    45g healthy fats
    165g-200g carbs

this will keep ur muscle melt the fat... start doing supersets,trisets, "circuit training" and about 15-30min cardio minimum a day... keeping heart rate between 130-140...

once u start seeing a 2 or 4 pack start carb cycling... (more on that later haha)

now never "dirty" bulk again!!! 30lbs i dont care what you say is waaaaay too much of a gain during a bulk! even if you are on steroids you are looking and a 25lb MUSCLE gain and then loose about 10lbs in water weight afterwards... so if you are natural.. ur looking at about 10-15lbs of muscle a year if your nutirtion and training are 100% in check!!!

in my case 6'2... i put on this year about 12lbs of muscle and i am VERY! VERY! happy with that! now u might think whaat 12 lbs thats it for a whole year? well if u are lean that 12lbs makes a giant difference!!! just google "12lbs of ground beef" n u get the idea haha

Yes I agree a 30 lbs gain is way too much. I know that most of it is fat so I won't do this kind of "dirty" bulk again.

Thanks for the information!!!