2 tablespoons ketchup
2 cloves garlic, minced
15 ounces refried beans
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon honey or sugar
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon oregano (optional)
2 sprays of pam

In a large bowl combine the TVP, boiling water and ketchup. Stir it all up. The TVP will absorb the water and ketchup, so let it rest a few minutes to do so. When the TVP has plumped up, add all of the remaining ingredients except the margarine or oil. Mix everything together very well. The mixture will be a little sticky. Shape into about 8 patties. If they are very sticky, you can coat them in a little extra flour. You can fry them right away, or let them chill up to 24 hours. When you are ready to cook them, spray the pan or your forman grill with couple sprays of Pam.in a large skillet and fry the patties on both sides until they are crispy brown. Serve like a burger on a bun. Or spread ketchup on top and eat plain like a cutlet. These burgers have a good chewy texture, and the flavor is just delicious.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 99 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
121 ( WOW)!!!!!!
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
2.0g
3%
Cholesterol
4mg
1%
Sodium
315mg
13%
Total Carbohydrates
17.7g
6%
Dietary Fiber
5.0g
20%
Sugars
4.1g
Protein
9.3g
Vitamin A 1% • Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 6% • Iron 12%
Nutrition Grade A
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Replies

• nevertellen34
    Options
    1cup tvp
    3/4 cup boiling water
    2 tablespoons ketchup
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    15 ounces refried beans
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1 teaspoon honey or sugar
    1/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1/2 teaspoon oregano (optional)
    2 sprays of pam

In a large bowl combine the TVP, boiling water and ketchup. Stir it all up. The TVP will absorb the water and ketchup, so let it rest a few minutes to do so. When the TVP has plumped up, add all of the remaining ingredients except the margarine or oil. Mix everything together very well. The mixture will be a little sticky. Shape into about 8 patties. If they are very sticky, you can coat them in a little extra flour. You can fry them right away, or let them chill up to 24 hours. When you are ready to cook them, spray the pan or your forman grill with couple sprays of Pam.in a large skillet and fry the patties on both sides until they are crispy brown. Serve like a burger on a bun. Or spread ketchup on top and eat plain like a cutlet. These burgers have a good chewy texture, and the flavor is just delicious.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 99 g
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories
    121 ( WOW)!!!!!!
    Calories from Fat
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat
    2.0g
    3%
    Cholesterol
    4mg
    1%
    Sodium
    315mg
    13%
    Total Carbohydrates
    17.7g
    6%
    Dietary Fiber
    5.0g
    20%
    Sugars
    4.1g
    Protein
    9.3g
    Vitamin A 1% • Vitamin C 7%
    Calcium 6% • Iron 12%
    Nutrition Grade A
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    lol typo on the title suppose to say low fat but very good. I found this online and modified it somewhat,
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I tried making a TVP meatloaf once...it did not work so hot.
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    I used 1/4 cup of TVP with a pound of extra lean hamburger last night to make spagetti sauce, I also used catelli smart high fiber spagetti noodles with Pc blue menu high fiber tomatoe and basil sauce my 14 yearold picky boy NEVER noticed he ate so much I was like wow..... so tvp I been adding slowly to our menu and if it passes a 14 yearold boys picky habbits,, its a hit.