Good Stewards of our body.

Options
Many have very good reasons for wanting to lose weight. I have decided to lose weight for a variety of reasons.

4. I wish to run and play with my children without feeling like I'm going to die afterwards.

3. I wish to look better for my wife ( She doesn't care what I look like as long as I'm healthy.)

2. My father died at the age of 47. He did not get to see any of his grandchildren. I do not wish to do the same.

1. Most Importantly, I want to be a better steward of the body God created. He created this body. There is too much work I can do to glorify God.

How can I edify my brothers and Sisters in Christ if I am sick or dead due to an unhealthy lifestyle?

How can spread the Good News of Jesus Christ as Savior of Mankind if I am seen as a glutton or slothful?

How can I help bring others to know Christ if I'm dead?

I wish to be a better servant of God. I wish to bring him Glory and Honor. I know I can do all things through Christ Jesus.

Your thoughts?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My thought is those are excellent reasons for losing weight and getting healthy. And this thread will probably get deleted by the monitors quickly.
  • bigbits71
    Options
    I hope not. I did not think it was offensive.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I hope not. I did not think it was offensive.

I didn't either. I thought it was wonderful. But any thread that mentions God, other than in vain, is usually locked quickly.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Beautifully said, bigbits! Those are some of the very same reasons I would like to get healthy!