Hard time relating???

Options
a6ftdiva
a6ftdiva Posts: 88 Member
I can understand wanting to be fit and healthy, but have a hard time with attention seekers who complain about the 1/32nd of extra "flab" on their perfectly chiseled abs? :grumble:

I have a hard time relating to that when I can barely see my shoes... lol... :laugh:

Im so definitely jealous, but its hard to be compassionate about stuff like that while you still look 8 months pregnant and the "baby" just turned 4....:noway:

Im pretty sure that I will be one of those people when I reach my goal, so feel free to call me a hypocrite when I do!!

I will love every minute of it :wink:

Just sayin...

Replies

• lornalozza83
    Options
    I totally agree, it sometimes is quite hurtful when its people you know. I have friends who have perfectly beautiful bodies and in no way to lose weight, but hear then complaing about having to lose 10lb or so with no regard as to how i may feel, someone who is obviously probably nearly 50lb heavier than they are, but i won't soon i am determined to be one of those friends who only needs to complaining about the 10lb :laugh: , good luck with your weight loss xx
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, it's all very subjective. At my starting weight of 174lbs I was obese. I'm now overweight, and have lost 14lbs so far, but I've been losing at an average weight of 1lbs per month.

Am I offended when people say "Ugh, I'm ONLY losing 1lb per week?" Nope - that might seem slow to them, but to me it's a huge achievement they should be proud of, and I just sit back and think that to myself. Everyone's different - they're trying to find what's right for them, I found what was right for me.

At the same time, I've been on the other side of this. Someone posted a thread last night along the lines of "For the REAL fat people, not the people that are size 12". I'm a size 12, and I AM very overweight, but I guess me talking about being obese at 174lbs and how much I have to lose might make someone of 274lbs feel like they're facing a mountain, and my own challenge is a molehill.

Just the way it is.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have a lot of weight to lose and I'm sorry that you are having trouble relating. We are all in different places on our journey and you will find the people that you can relate to. I just had to tell you that you are just beautiful, you may not be able to see your feet but you can see that face. Have a great day and stick with it. This is a great site.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Some people just don't like being mediocre. They have to be the best. That's how I am. Although I know I gotta pick and choose my battles because I'm not genetically or environmentally blessed to excel at every thing I do.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I can understand what you are saying. I've never had a huge amount of weight to lose, but I also don't have chiseled abs and ultra low BF. And I have trouble relating to those that do.

Sometimes I'll read post from someone struggling with a huge weight loss and I'll start to type a reply but stop before I hit Reply because I think "what do I really know about that". I want to be helpful but I'm not sure my experience would be relevant.
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    Options
    Its goes both ways. I don't have a lot of weight to lose and I don't feel like I look bad but I am trying to lose and people tell me all the time that I don't need to and they don't understand...when the reality is that I do need to...I'm just overweight and I haven't even had kids...so I need to be well in my healthy weight range before I pack on the pounds for a baby.

I think the important thing to remember is that is psychological, when you see someone that already looks "nice" and don't understand why they're complaing they may see someone who is challenging themselves to be at their peak level of fitness and health...there's nothing wrong with them feeling that way. We can all improve where our health is concerned and its a struggle for all of us, no matter how many pounds we have to lose.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!