best wedding proposals?

Options
curleekate
curleekate Posts: 24 Member
after reading all the terrible proposals, anyone have any good ones?

it hasn't happened for me yet, although i'm hoping it'll be soon (been dating almost 4 years)!

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    To me, mine was. I bet a lot of people say that. It wasn't big, and it wasn't showy, but that's what I loved about it.

My boyfriend took me back to the place we had our first conversation just the two of us, half a decade later almost to the day. He'd roped in a good friend who pretended she was hosting her birthday party nearby but needed help loading some boxes into her car first. When we got to her, she 'went to get her car'. He took me over to the bench we were sitting at that day, and we discussed that first conversation before he admitted it was all planned, gave me a little speech about how much I meant to him, pulled out the ring, proposed (I was all confused - I still didn't really think it was happening!), and then told me the emotional meaning behind his ring of choice. It was lovely, then he walked me to the pub that used to be our 'local', where he had all my friends and colleagues waiting and a big buffet he'd arranged.
  • Jdubmarie
    Jdubmarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I loved mine.

My fiance was starting training for a deployment to Afghanistan and had already been gone a month when he got a 4 day pass to come home. I knew we had this really romantic evening planned because we were celebrating our anniverary and my birthday. He had planned a limo to pick us up (complete with champagne, a bouquet of orange lilies, and a bracelet). It drove us to Melting Pot (place of our first date) where there was more flowers and champagne. After dinner they bring us a special dessert with a box on the plate...at thing point my heart was racing because I thought this was it. So I open the box and it's earrings..... So we leave the restaurant (which is located right on the river) and he wanted to take a walk down the walkway. We were chatting and then he told me to put the flowers down and he held my hands face to face, said some loving words (which is all a blur now) and got on one knee and asked me to marry him :)

As if that wasn't enough, we drove to a different restaurant, where he had planned a surprise engagement party that all our friends and family were present :) Best night of my life so far :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Yay, I was hoping someone would start this :) I'll start off by saying that Nick was very close to this grandmother, she basically raised him. She passed away a few years ago from cancer, and I never got to meet her. He has always said she really would have liked me and I would have loved her too.

I have to give the back story first. Nick and I started "dating" two days after we met (online, from 1200 miles away.) I was 17 at the time, he was 19. We both immediately fell head over heels for each other. I was his first everything. Anyway, fast forward almost 2 years later. I'm living with him here in Connecticut, and we're about to go visit my family in Florida. (This was this past Thanksgiving week.) He tells me about a week before we leave that he has a surprise that he's gonna give to me when we get down there. I then spend the next week racking my brain about what it could be :laugh: We get down to Florida, we have a great time. We're staying with my parents, who LOVE Nick, and ended up buying us a bed big enough for both of us to sleep in. Thanksgiving was great, the food was amazing. All that good stuff. Before we eat my mom and dad are filming everyone saying what they're thankful for. When they get around to Nick, he says "I'm thankful for the friends I have and this family. And Brittany..." Then he stands up to get down on his knee and asked me to marry him with a beautiful ring that belonged to his grandmother. I was so surprised and it was so sweet. I love him <3