So here is our calorie disconnect....

Options
2»

Replies

• tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my extra calories - unless I am hungry. I really wonder how carefully you are measuring what goes in to your taco salad. I found that even though I thought I knew what 2 tbs of sour cream I really was underestimating. When I weighed a chicken breast I found it was 164g instead of the 100g serving size that MFP defaults to. So I've started measuring/weighing the foods I eat most often until I've learned how to more accurately gauge just how much I am eating.

I also like to use the reports tool to chart my calorie intake over the last 7 days. Every few days I try to get in some extra calories (not a total pig out but an extra 100 or 200 from my usual)

As for protein, after going a little nuts reading up on just how much I should have to support my weight loss without damaging my kidneys I said "screw it" . Now I'm just trying to stay between 50 and 115g.

I do measure and weigh out but somethings are hard to input the exact amount and when that happens I go on the high side, not low. Side note, if you add beans to a taco salad it stretches that salad a long way ;-)

I will have to check out that chart, I haven't seen it yet. Thanks!