women who had babies

Options
How in the heck did you lose the baby pooch?? I still look 4 months pregnant almost a year and a half later! Alot of it if loose skin, which I had some before having son, but now it's like 10 times worse. I don't want to do a tummy tuck or anything like that, we're not done having kids, but I would love to get rid of it between kids. Was there anything anyone did that helped reduce it, or at least not so noticeable? thanks!

Replies

• Perswaysion
    Perswaysion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    All I was told was cardio, cardio, cardio, core, cardio. I'm interested to hear any good tips as well.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    The more weight I loose the worse my stomach looks. I don't expect it to ever get back to what it was in "the day".
    Wish I had better news.
  • AnotherInnocent
    Options
    Cardio and core workouts. I do reverse crunches, flutter kicks and c- sits. Good Luck and congratulations!
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Cardio. Almost gone. (9 months later)
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    cardio and core training... it does take a while for this skin to go back. it took 9 months to stretch it out so expect at least that long for it to go back after you've lost the weight.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    All I was told was cardio, cardio, cardio, core, cardio. I'm interested to hear any good tips as well.

Actually fat lose comes from creating a deficit, no cardio needed. You can do this by diet only, Cardio only, strength training only, or a combination of all of them. Essentially eat at a small caloric deficit and exercise (mostly strength training with a little cardio)

If you are at the same deficit you will get faster results doing more strength training then cardio.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Just general weight loss. But I was at a healthy weight when I got pregnant each time and returned to that within 6 months of each. Hopefully as you get closer to your goal, it'll look better.
  • mjshorty5
    Options
    Ive had two C-Sections. I am basically commited to the pooch.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Cardio and diet to lose the actual weight, but a very good diet and weight training is how I got the muscles back in shape in my tummy. Too much cardio left me looking loose and flabby.
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids that are 21 months apart and what helped is eating clean (fresh fruits, fresh veggies, & lean meat), lifting heavy weights, lots of cardio and AB work. I love to do hanging leg raises.

Good luck!
  • skinniesam
    Options
    Hey, go to http://www.lifestyle.com.au/tv/eat-yourself-sexy-australia/videos.aspx there are some really good videos there with cool tips, one in particular is an exercise to help with a mummy tummy! I am two months post pregnancy and it is working for me so far.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options

i do ufc training on the kinect and i swear by it had 2 kids 14 months apart my tummy would not go nothing worked for me but ufc trainer and well watching my calories and joining mfp the only thing i cant find help with is stretchmarks i know ill never completly get rid of it but i know theres lots of stuff on the market that helps it fade... just dont know whats the best!
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

Actually fat lose comes from creating a deficit, no cardio needed. You can do this by diet only, Cardio only, strength training only, or a combination of all of them. Essentially eat at a small caloric deficit and exercise (mostly strength training with a little cardio)

If you are at the same deficit you will get faster results doing more strength training then cardio.

Interesting, coming from someone who never has been or never will be pregnant.
  • Jesamess
    Options
    4 kids later (2 of them c-sections) and I'm dying to know the answer to this question myself!!!!!!!!!!! I have a kangaroo pouch under my belly button and it's soooo frustrtaing! lol :) I feel the same way though. Like there is no getting rid of it without surgery. We, however, are done and hubby has offered that if I get to goal weight to use his bonus for a Mommy makeover. Loose the loose skin, even out the boobs. I can't wait!! as a side note I know muscle burns fat quicker so maybe some light weights with the cardio? still figuring this one out though!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help, I'm curious as well. I am 5'5 and still have the pooch at 125lbs. It is going down thou, I am doing 30DS plus another workout everyday and seems to help a bit. I really want to get rid of it soon cause we will be trying for another baby soon....

oh and my daughter is 19months, if that makes a difference. So maybe time will heal all pregnancy scars?? except stretchmarks of course.. darn then stretchy marks :(
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Cardio and core workouts. I do reverse crunches, flutter kicks and c- sits. Good Luck and congratulations!

I have to agree here LOTS of reverese crunches and things that work your trasverse ?? abs since ive been doing the 30ds ive noticed a huge diff in that trouble area!!!!!!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it depends on where we tend to store fat. My stomach has never been a problem zone (I'm heavier in hips, butt and have always had large thighs :/) and mine was gone 1 week post partum both times (My son is 4, my daughter is 2 months). I credit that with how *my* body stores fat and also with breastfeeding.

Don't get me wrong though, I have a looong way to go (43 more pounds to my short term goal).
  • genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    Options

:)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Uh, I completely agree with him and I've had 3.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    I think, given these replies, you will see it is different for everyone. A personal trainer could probably help.