What foods do you eat?

Options
Yes i know, vegetables, proteins, breads, dairy, and all the healthy foods. But how much of each does the human body need to be in top shape, what amounts of each do we need everyday and what are the best times to eat them so they don't effect your body in the wrong way. Like for the calorie chart you can eat pretty much whatever as long as you don't go over in carbs, fat, and calories but what are "the" foods that actually help you loose weight and keep energy flowing giving vitality and strength. I have been trying to find the right diet for soo long and i just cant seem to figure out the best way to eat.I eat healthy but i don't think i am doing enough.

Replies

• karatekid001
    Options
    Yes i know, vegetables, proteins, breads, dairy, and all the healthy foods. But how much of each does the human body need to be in top shape, what amounts of each do we need everyday and what are the best times to eat them so they don't effect your body in the wrong way. Like for the calorie chart you can eat pretty much whatever as long as you don't go over in carbs, fat, and calories but what are "the" foods that actually help you loose weight and keep energy flowing giving vitality and strength. I have been trying to find the right diet for soo long and i just cant seem to figure out the best way to eat.I eat healthy but i don't think i am doing enough.
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Basically, if you create a calorie deficit, technically you could probably eat whatever you wanted, junk or not. Dairy is not necessary...some of it does provide good nutrients and vitamins, but like I said, not absolutely necessary. Lean protein,fat, vegetables, whole grains, just like you said.

What do you normally eat? I'm sure people would chime in here...
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    I personally strive for balanced meals. I make sure I'm getting carbs, protein and fat with every meal. Ona daily basis, I aim to eat 45% carbs, 30% protein and 25% fats - but I rarely strike a perfect balance. I'm happy if I get close and stay within 100 calories of my daily allotment. I also try to make sure I'm eating enough calcium.

I don't believe there is a perfect diet. Eat healthy foods and make sure there is a lot of variety. Eating the same things every day gets boring and it could rob your body of specific vitamins/nutrients that are missing from those foods. I eat all types of meat, all types of grains, a huge variety of fruits and veggies, nuts, dairy, eggs, fish, etc.

I also think you can eat anything in moderation.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm eating banana bread protein ice cream. :happy: It's basically a protein shake that's been thrown in an ice cream maker but it also has a banana and pecans and some spices in it. It's yummy!