Gained Weight?

Options
Ok, so I have been on my new diet plan for 3 weeks now, as of this morning. I am happy overall with the changes in my weight, but I'm confused. I used MFP, and it told me for my weight if I eat 2179 calories or less I'll lose weight. I set a custom goal of 1800, to hopefully lose weight faster. I've been sticking with it, only going over a couple times (by usually around 50-100, so still well under the 2170 mark).

I have also been consciously upping my water intake. I have cut out almost all sweets and snacking, other than the occasional fruit or yogurt for a snack. Other than Juice in the morning, pretty much just water. I have been recording everything I eat, and measuring the amounts to control portion size.

The first week, I lost 4 lbs. Hooray! The second week, I lost an astounding 8lbs (I weighed myself 3 times a day for 2 days, to make sure it wasn't just a fluke etc, on 2 different scales).

After week 2, I was feeling fantastic, lots of energy, clothes fitting a bit better etc. So, i decided to up my game and add in more exercise. I went on 3 walks during the third week, for about 5km each, at a decent pace (I have a bad knee, so this is quite a feat for me). MFP says that I should have burned about 450 calories each time. I was also walking in uneven ground, with some parts in ankle deep snow, wearing heavy boots, so I figure it was a bit tougher than a normal walk.

Anyhow..I was all psyched for my weigh-in this morning...

And I GAINED back 4 lbs! WTF?

I don't understand...I thought i had a better week, but I have gained?

What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this. The same thing has happened to me two weeks in a row!!!! I do as you have, weighed and measured everything. The only difference is I didn't put in as many cardio days last week as I have the past four, but I still ate under my calories and I'm watching my salt (except today.. I hate canned soup.. horribly salty stuff, even the light).

I wish I had a magic answer. I'm going to the gym after work and swimming my *kitten* off. It'll drop eventually.... IT HAS TO!!!!