Kettle Bells

Options
Am starting Kettle Bells tomorrow and just wondered how they are measured on here? It is a 15 min circuit of different drills including a 2 minute warm up. I am starting with my 2kg bell but want to be on 6 by March. Can anyone help pleasE? Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if kettlebells are on here as exercise or not. I've used my HRM while working out with my 15 lb kettlebell and burned an average of about 12 calories a minute. I ususally log it at about 10 calories per minute to account for the warm up time. Hope this helps.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    this is one struggle with this website is how to measure calories burned.... i do boxercise and i log it on as a circuit... i think kettlebells will be the same
  • hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just googled and they all say around 20 cals per minute so I reckon 10 for me until I get heavier. Thanks guys :-) Do you enjoy doing it Kt?
  • hyperkate
    Options
    Has kettlebells helped you with fat loss and body toning?
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love working out with kettlebells! I love getting strength training and cardio done at the same time. Plus I find I don't get as bored with it as I do with most tother things. And 20 minutes goes by very quickly. Hope you enjoy it too!
  • hyperkate
    Options
    Thanks I had dropped all weights to drop scale weight but it ain't happening so apart from running like a mad woman I decided this took my fancy. Thanks for the advice :-)