For those that love Valentines day.

Options
Carl01
Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
I honestly understand why some people dislike the day due to past or current hurts and disappointments,have had my share same as most.
Still though why not have a day just to celebrate and respect love.
Maybe some who have lost it in their lives or relationships can find it again.

Tell about your best love story or Valentines day.

Replies

• SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    **kicks rock**

Still waiting for mine
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    **kicks rock**

Still waiting for mine

roses-valentine3.jpeg
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    **kicks rock**

Still waiting for mine

what she said.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm not into all the materialistic stuff, but I do love the day. We use it as an occasion to sit down and have a meal at the table properly together, or to go out for a meal. They're rare things - we don't often have the time, and we don't have the money, so it's nice to stop occasionally and have an excuse to MAKE time, and a reason to say "You know what? Let's forget about our money worries for the day".

It could be any day of the year, but sometimes you need those special occasions not for materialistic reasons, but to remind you to take some real time to yourselves.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    As a fat kid - this was my best VD-Day

200455_503144043600_45900091_30071145_7113_n.jpg

That is a *kitten* ton of chocolate.

But a nice story - back in high school I didn't date much so there was never a "Valentine." A buddy and me were talking about this, how it's a bit depressing for the single folk. That night I was working, life guarding at our YMCA and there's a knock on the back door. Here's my buddy coming from work at the bakery carrying a box - a dozen pink-strawberry frosted donuts and some candies. We were each other's first Valentines :bigsmile:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Valentines day 2007 me & my then boyfriend piled my son an mom in my sisters barely running car,drove to the amarillo court house and got married.Every year since that year my life has gotten better.
  • JDviant
    JDviant Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any good Valentine's story, I just like it because its like Halloween - a chance to go with all out over-the-top fun
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    As a fat kid - this was my best VD-Day

200455_503144043600_45900091_30071145_7113_n.jpg

That is a *kitten* ton of chocolate.

But a nice story - back in high school I didn't date much so there was never a "Valentine." A buddy and me were talking about this, how it's a bit depressing for the single folk. That night I was working, life guarding at our YMCA and there's a knock on the back door. Here's my buddy coming from work at the bakery carrying a box - a dozen pink-strawberry frosted donuts and some candies. We were each other's first Valentines :bigsmile:

Wait I thought I was your sexual chocolate? Cheatin wh-re
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I love diamond commercials. There. I said it. Street cred=lost.
  • Destinie589
    Options
    Valentines day 2007 me & my then boyfriend piled my son an mom in my sisters barely running car,drove to the amarillo court house and got married.Every year since that year my life has gotten better.

Cool!!! I live in Amarillo! (random.. sorry)
  • ElleD89
    ElleD89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    **kicks rock**

Still waiting for mine

^^^ I feel ya! Only Valentine I can remember is getting roses from a boyfriend in high school. Otherwise, I've been flying single. It's pretty much like any other day only sometimes you get chocolate.
  • Destinie589
    Options
    This boy in highschool once gave me the sweetest little heart necklace. It was so thoughtful. We weren't even dating... just friends. I am now married (to a different guy) and he loves me dearly but thinks v-day is dumb so he ignores it. :sad:
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

That is so sweet! :heart:
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    This boy in highschool once gave me the sweetest little heart necklace. It was so thoughtful. We weren't even dating... just friends. I am now married (to a different guy) and he loves me dearly but thinks v-day is dumb so he ignores it. :sad:
    I feel ya! My husband says it's just a made up day to sell Hallmark cards!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I love valentines day!!! :heart: I try and do something special every year... because my husband isn't romantic... and his birthday is the day before.

Two years ago we got tickets to a water park for his birthday (so fun!!!)... and I had his fav pizza place make him a heart shaped pizza... (and lets not forget wine, chocolate, and sex....)
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    For two kids who hate Valentine's Day, my ex gave me a nice one last year. Got nutella crepes, went to this kiddie theme park for lulz, blahblahblah other cutesy *kitten*, eventually got to his basement blahblah. That was during the decent part of the relationship. :laugh:
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    **kicks rock**

Still waiting for mine

roses-valentine3.jpeg

Awww!! :love:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    One of my most memorable Valentine's Day was when I was in high school. I didn't have a boyfriend at the time. My mom was dating a guy from out of state and he came to visit her. He gave her a giant box of chocolates, a giant teddy bear and some roses. THEN he gave me a mini heart shaped box of chocolaes, a little teddy bear and a mini bouquet of roses. It was so thoughtful! He didn't want me to feel left out since he knew I wasn't looking forward to the day.

On another note... How many of you did candy-grams in school? The day before V-Day you could buy carnations or candy to be delivered to someone's class on V-Day and you could sign it with your name or "Secret Admirer". All the popular people would get like 20 of them and I never got one. NOT ONE! Dang! :grumble: I once read a story where a girl had the same experience in high school. So when she had 2 sons and they were in high school, every V-day she would have them buy a carnation for a girl that probably wouldn't receive one otherwise and sign it "Secret Admirer". I thought that was so sweet! :flowerforyou: