Hey!

Options
Hey everyone - my name is Monika and I'm trying to get my weight issues under control for no particular reason other than I'm tired of struggling with them, tired of being unhappy about it and just want to start treating myself better.

I live in the NYC area, work for an internet startup and write comic books. I'm a total geek for books and video games (two fun but very sedentary hobbies.)

I'm also a voracious reader of fashion blogs and it's been my dream to go to NY Fashion Week - I've always felt too insecure because let's face it, fashion is unforgiving of the chub, especially on women. I'd love to attend next year, hopefully looking fierce and feeling confident.

Anyone else out there with nerdy proclivities? Any tips on getting motivated to work out when your brain is screaming one more raid, let me just beat this boss!

Replies

• miriamrs
    miriamrs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Or,. I just want to get to the next level! Yes, thats me. Avid gamer and reader here also. My primary motivation for losing weight and getting in shape is my kiddos. :)

Feel free to add me as a friend and hopefully we can motivate each other. I've found just taking it day to day works best in the beginning. Once I got into a routine it was easier to start setting more long term goals.

Good luck!
  • monika_loses_it
    monika_loses_it Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you!
  • Luc245
    Luc245 Posts: 73
    Options
    Heey :) I'm a programmer at work and then I game and read at home so I completely understand. I never start a game until after I workout because I know I will not be able to tear myself away haha. Usually after work I start with a workout, cook dinner, then play a game or read a book, it always works out for me that way