do you have a good Oriental chicken salad?

Options
Georg
Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
I'm looking for an Oriental chicken salad recipe.
I usually combine a precut bag of cabbage slaw, one of shredded lettuce, some chicken, slivered almonds & dressing. I'm not fond of any of the bottled dressings.
So I guess I'm looking for a dressing recipe with calorie/carb counts.
Do you have one?

Replies

• Georg
    Options
    I'm looking for an Oriental chicken salad recipe.
    I usually combine a precut bag of cabbage slaw, one of shredded lettuce, some chicken, slivered almonds & dressing. I'm not fond of any of the bottled dressings.
    So I guess I'm looking for a dressing recipe with calorie/carb counts.
    Do you have one?
  • chubzee
    chubzee Posts: 104
    Options
    I have not tried this recipe but it sound delicious! Hope this is what you are looking for. :flowerforyou:

Asian Chicken Salad Recipe ( 6-Servings)

Ingredients
    4 chicken, breast
    3 tablespoon soy sauce, reduced-sodium
    2 teaspoon ginger, fresh, grated
    5 cup(s) lettuce, mixed greens, torn
    3 cup(s) assorted fresh vegetables (such as fresh pea pods, halved crosswise; red sweet pepper strips; shredded carrot; and/or bite-size cucumber strips)
    1 cup(s) cabbage, red, coarsely chopped
    1/4 cup(s) scallion(s) (green onions), sliced
    2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted, toasted
    1/3 cup(s) pineapple juice, unsweetened
    1/4 cup(s) vinegar, rice
    3 tablespoon oil, salad
    1 tablespoon soy sauce, reduced-sodium
    2 teaspoon sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoon oil, toasted sesame
    1/4 teaspoon pepper, black

Preparation
    Chicken Salad:

1. Place chicken on the unheated greased rack of a broiler pan. In a small bowl combine soy sauce and ginger; brush some of the mixture onto one side of each chicken breast half. Broil 4 inches from heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170°F), turning and brushing once with the remaining soy mixture halfway through broiling time. Discard any remaining soy mixture. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Cut chicken into bite-size strips. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl toss together salad greens, assorted fresh vegetables, red cabbage, and green onions.

3. Shake Oriental Salad Dressing well; pour about 1/2 cup of the dressing over salad. Toss lightly to coat. Divide salad among 4 dinner plates. Top salads with chicken strips; pour remaining dressing over chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.

Oriental Salad Dressing:

In a screw-top jar combine 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice, 1/4 cup rice vinegar or white vinegar, 3 tablespoons salad oil, 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cover and shake well

:heart: Nutritional Info (Per serving): :heart:
    Calories: 221, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 439mg, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Fat: 10g, Carbs: 10g, Cholesterol: 44mg, Protein: 20g
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Newmans Lighten Up Sesame Ginger dressing? The only asain dressing I liked was taken off the market, but I picked up the Newmans and its very good. Not super sweet like alot of them, almost spicy with the ginger. And at 35 calories per 2 TBSP serving, you cant beat it.
  • Georg
    Options
    Thanks. I'll try these.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I also like the spray dressing in asian ginger (I think it's wishbone or kens), it's a bit sweet but I add a touch of Dutch's sweet and sour (no cal no fat) for some extra to swish things around in. Also a Dole mandarin orange cup is nice to add some texture too.