PRODUCTS YOU LOVE!

Options
2»

Replies

• kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Fat-Free I can't Believe It's not Butter Spread, only 5 calories a Tablespoon, taste is not bad!!!
    Smuckers Sugar-Free Jams---I love putting a Tablespoon in plain Greek Yogurt!! YuM!!!!:heart:
    Fiber One brownies
    Sugar-Free Jello pudding, Dark Chocolate :love:
    Skinny Cow anything!!!!! LOL
    Baskin Robbins sugar -free candies.............Cookies and Cream............40 calories for 4 pieces!!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Tofu Shirataki Noddles- 20 cals and 2 carbs and taste just like pasta if made correctly

I bought 4 packages of these and tried making them like Hungry Girl does and I wanted to puke!!!! I ended up throwing them away!!!! I really wanted to like em but I couldn't stomach them!!:frown:
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hummus! I just tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago and eat it every day now.Delish!
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own Double Fiber wheat bread
    Sargento 2% sharp cheddar slices
    Skinny cow fudge bars
    Frozen cherries or berries (I eat them for snacks as is or in smoothies)
    Coconut milk creamer (not sure of the brand)- half the cals of regular creamer and no artificial taste
    Cuties clementines
    Fiber one bars of brownies
    Better Oats oatmeal with flaxseeds
    Skinny cow cheese (I just tried the sundried tomato...yum!)
  • 7wojtowj
    Options
    Vita-tops! The deep chocolate kind is really yummy :)
    I also love my transitions protein shake with a banana and 2 tablespoons of organic better'n peanut butter--delicious!!
  • chiv123
    chiv123 Posts: 36
    Options
    HAHAHA- I personally love them, but I can 100% understand why some people don't. :laugh:
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    I'm probably going to catch some flak for this but I have to point something out. REAL healthy eating involves changing eating habits, "portion control". By substituting the old foods you used to eat with lower fat, lower carb versions it's kind of missing the point. People should be able to eat whatever they want but control how much of it goes in they're mouth. While these low fat, low carb foods do help people lose weight (a good thing) I just feel a little like it's skirting the real issue.

Put'n on my flak suit...
  • chiv123
    chiv123 Posts: 36
    Options
    REAL healthy eating involves changing eating habits, "portion control". By substituting the old foods you used to eat with lower fat, lower carb versions it's kind of missing the point.

Sorry still figuring out how these forums work- haha

I just want to say that there is some true wisdom in these words, though I disagree with the bit about missing the point. The point is to lose weight and lead a healthier lifestyle. For many people these are transitional crutch foods. If you start at something like a standard American diet it can be overwhelming to change everything at once. For many people, so-called "REAL healthy eating" is not the first step for every meal, every time. Its a process.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Carbmaster yogurt--great way to add protein to oatmeal.
    Lindt 90% dark chocolate--very low in sugar
    South Beach protein bars--all types and flavors, but haven't tried the new ones yet
    Frozen whole grain waffles (Eggo, I think)
    Turkey pepperoni--use in eggs, salads and healthy pizza
  • Gina033
    Gina033 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm probably going to catch some flak for this but I have to point something out. REAL healthy eating involves changing eating habits, "portion control". By substituting the old foods you used to eat with lower fat, lower carb versions it's kind of missing the point. People should be able to eat whatever they want but control how much of it goes in they're mouth. While these low fat, low carb foods do help people lose weight (a good thing) I just feel a little like it's skirting the real issue.

Put'n on my flak suit...

The whole point is to find ways to make food healthy and still taste good (ex. mac & cheese: make it with low fat cheese, whole grain noodles, skim milk, and add veggies), some products out there do that and some just take out the bad and add a different type of bad (artificial sweeteners). I have came across some good products that I feel would be worth sharing and I would also like to hear others opinions on things they love! I'm not saying make lower fat/calorie foods just so you can eat more of it, anyone with common sense would already know that anyway!
    If you knew you would get a negative response and still wrote it anyway then you must like the attention!! : )
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers - Light String Cheese Light Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella
    Nabisco - 100 Cal Ritz Snack Mix,
    the Laughing Cow - Light Garlic & Herb Spreadable Cheese Wedge,
    Great Value - 100 Calorie Packs Yogurt Pretzels
    Christie (Kraft) - Ritz Crackers - 100% Whole Wheat (Baked)
    Walmart Great Value - Mixed Nuts, 32 pieces/1/4 cup
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    In the UK
    M&S chocolate mousse = 85 cals ish, their walnut whips =130 cals and their low fat Greek style yogurt.
    Boots shapers for crisps.
    Pret a manger packets of sweet salt popcorn are about 100 cals
    Funsize mars bar, put in the fridge til very cold and then sliced = 65 cals
    2 Chicks egg whites from Waitrose = 3 tbsp = 23cals
    Tesco mini peppers,roasted til soft, cooled, then filled with cottage cheese and salsa mix
    Pickled shallots and cornichons
    Not all of these are vrituous - but they help me.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt
    honey
    almond butter
    ryvita thins products
    granola!
    green tea
    homemade popcorn!
    i also enjoy the boots shapers products
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    kashi dark chocolate and cherry granola bars
    chocolate or multigrain cheerios!!
    rice crackers, either cheese or sesame flavoured - i usually buy the no-name brand at the superstore
    melba toast....so many options - i eat it with laughing cow cheese wedges, cottage cheese or roasted red pepper hummus
  • cantstopthepop
    Options
    In the UK - not sure you can get the branded products elsewhere - but my healthy eating essentials have become:

Uping my fruit and veg intake:

Innocent Smoothies (I can't eat banannas and they have 2 or 3 that are banana free!)
    Nakd Bars
    Frozen chopped spinach (I love it. When my boyf has steak/ chicken/ fish and chips at home I replace the chips or potatoes with spinach. 5 mins in the frying pan!)

Also I couldnt live without Quorn right now. All my chicken dishes I make now use quorn instead.

Getting up and eating breakfast has probably been the biggest change for me. I never ate breakfast before but now couldnt picture starting the day without scrambled eggs. Its a great protein start for me.
  • HeatherTakesCharge
    Options
    Better'nButter
    Brummel & Brown
    Pickled Beets
    Mt. Olive Petite Kosher Dill Pickles
    Sugar Free Oregon Chai
    Nesquik No Sugar Added
    Boulevard Pale Ale Mustard
    Balsamic Vinegar
    Trader Joe Almond Flour
    Kind Bars
    Hershey's Special Dark Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder (makes great hot chocolate with non-sugar sweetner)
    Weight Watchers Jalapeno Cheese Sticks
    Cabot light cheeses (Sharp Light, Sharp Extra Light, Jalapeno Light)
    8th Continent Light Original Soy Milk
    V8 Low Sodium
    Healthwise Almond Chip Biscotti
    Jolly Time Healthy pop Kettle Corn
    Better Oats Fit Oatmeal
    Quest Bars (Almond and Coconut)
    Orange Yogurt Nimble Bars
    Chobani Orange Vanilla Greek Yogurt
    Trader Joe's Spicy Jalapeno Chicken Sausage
    Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt Key Lime
    Trader Joe's Spanish Tapas Cheese
    Finn Crisp Caraway Crackers
    Marzetti Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip Roasted Red Pepper
    Trader Joe's Turkey Meatballs
    Trader Joe's Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus
    Pop Corners Cheesy Jalapeno
    Baybel Light Cheese
    Trader Joe's Pumpkin Seeds
    Jack Links Turkey Jerky
    Coffeemate Creamy Chocolate Sugar Free Powdered Creamer
    Torani & Davinci Sugar Free Syrups (salted caramel, marshmallow, gingerbread, eggnog, peppermint, and pumpkin spice)
    Dasani Drops pineapple coconut
    Hyvee sugar free gelatin
    PB2
    Unjury Protein Powder, especially the vanilla and either chocolate flavor
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    -Chocolite protein bars: 100 calories, a good amount of fiber, and 10 grams of protein!
    -Kashi go lean: 13 grams protein (10 of it complete) 10 grams fiber, and all for 140 calories
    -Fage Greek yogurt, fat free. Creamy. Dreamy. Add some fruit and sweetener and its too die for!!!
    -100 calorie bags of microwave popcorn. Perfectly portioned, and you get a lot of popcorn
    -Tumaro low carb tortillas: 50-60 calories for an 8 inch tortilla. You can't beat that.
    -Reduced sugar ketchup. 5 calories per tablespoon, as opposed to 20 for the regular.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I just read through all of the suggestions. I can't believe so many people are recommending the Fiber One Brownies. They have to be the worst tasting low fat chocolate that I've ever eaten. They have such an artificial taste.

Try the Low fat brownie mix at Trader Joe's - incredible!
  • dbeinke
    dbeinke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I prefer the FiberOne chocolate chip cookie over the brownie. If you put it in the microwave for a few seconds and add a small spoon of FF Cool Whip, it is actually quite good...for 100 calories anyway.