Les Mills Body Pump DVDs

Options
i was reading about these online last night, and they are definitely intriguing to me. Has anyone else tried them? What are your thoughts? They are really pricey, so I am a little hesitant to pull the trigger on them.

Replies

• Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have heard great things about it! The les mills pump from beachbody has had great results and everyone I know that's doing it loves it. The only bad thing I heard was about the clips and how they are really hard to get on. A lot of people said that after. The first couple workouts they will get looser.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have not tried the DVD's, but I have heard good things. I am currently doing the Body Pump class at my gym and I LOVE IT!!!!
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have them from BeachBody and I absolutely love them. The music is great, and the trainers are really motivating. The workouts are challenging, but very fun. I definitely recommend them.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Both my wife and I are currently using the DVD's at home. It's great, the program comes with everything you need to be successful. Not going to lie, it's a tad bit expensive, but totally worth it.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i was reading about these online last night, and they are definitely intriguing to me. Has anyone else tried them? What are your thoughts? They are really pricey, so I am a little hesitant to pull the trigger on them.

IDK where you are located but some of the gyms (Club Fitness is one) has started 'carrying' those classes at their gyms. You might want to see if one by you has one to "try before you buy".
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of the DVDs or tried them, but I go to the Les Mills classes at my gym (including Body Pump, which I do 3-4x a week!) and I LOVE THEM. I'm already dreading when I have to move after I graduate, because I'm worried I won't be able to find another gym with Les Mills classes!
  • dirty_blonde
    dirty_blonde Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am in week 4 of the Les Mills Pump program. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I purchased the deluxe package because I wanted the cardio dvd's and the step. I'm glad I did because I love the cardio workouts. I think I am a pretty fit person. I have completed P90X three times, Turbofire, Chalean Extreme and Insanity. However the Pump cardio kicks my butt. Especially the Step and Sports Attack.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the pump program, or any other beachbody program for that matter since I have done so many of them.
  • SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! It is good to know that they are as good as they sound. Maybe I will make it my Valentine's Day gift. :smile:
  • nailed479
    Options
    I have seen good things with it!!! I have a friend that just bought them and I'm planning on getting me here soon!!!!
  • nomless
    nomless Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a question for those who are doing the BeachBody program. Both my hips are artificial, so no jumping, and I have limited arm movement on the left side. I have to modify the workouts I do (Chalean Extreme, P90X, Katami k-bells etc).

Do you think the Body Pump program is suitable for me, given my limitations?
  • airmouse
    Options
    What do you log the body pump under? Strength or Cardio and how many calories are you burning from it?
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    What do you log the body pump under? Strength or Cardio and how many calories are you burning from it?

According to my HRM, I burned 379 calories during a 60 minutes class at the gym.
  • jencantleyrn
    jencantleyrn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just got my Les Mills Pump! Going start tonight! SO excited to get started! It is expensive, but at least Beach Body let you pay for it over a few months & you have your 30 days to decide if you like it!:wink: