Can you tell me what this is??

Replies

• onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Strawberry Ice Cream! DUR!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    If the chicken nuggets didn't hurt you before, they won't now either. I feel sorry for the pink goo. All the judging must make it sad.
  • Eh really doesn't effect me.

I have seen plenty of pictures of what cows go through before they make it to the supermarket too. Its not pretty

I still eat it ^-^
  • Strawberry Ice Cream! DUR!
    Nope...chicken mcnuggets :(
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    I prefer Wendy's 99 cent Chicken Tenders

agree! (when I ate fast food anyway)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Everyone is so shocked at this but we've processed our own wild game and the sausage / ground beef looks just about the same as that. Comes out in tubes like that.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    There was a clip I saw once where some celebrity chef blended up a chicken and made the pink slime himself, and showed it to a group of young children. They were very grossed out. But then when he demonstrated that they can be cooked to become chicken nuggets they all loved it and wanted to eat them...

Does anyone have a link to the clip?
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Everyone is so shocked at this but we've processed our own wild game and the sausage / ground beef looks just about the same as that. Comes out in tubes like that.

I hunt and process and it is not that colour nor that smooth.

What are you processing?

I do moose/caribou/elk/bison
  • YukonJoy
    There was a clip I saw once where some celebrity chef blended up a chicken and made the pink slime himself, and showed it to a group of young children. They were very grossed out. But then when he demonstrated that they can be cooked to become chicken nuggets they all loved it and wanted to eat them...

Yes that is Jamies Food Revolution. Hang on.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKSoiDtdi9s

I don't have sound. Is this the droid you are looking for?
  • Rae6503
    Elk and antelope. It's redder but it's red meat vs. chicken. And yeah, it's chunkier but that depends on the setting of the grinder. Last time we accidentally rant it through twice (left the grinder in when we where stuffing the casings) and it was close to that texture.
  • Rae6503

It's in that snopes link someone posted...

http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,223 Member

You beat me too it! LOL As someone who grew up around hunting, fishing, bidding on farm animals at the annual fair, how do you think they make sausage? LOL

My family didn't waste anything...as an example, my dad bid on a pig @ the local fair, he gave my gramma the hog head...to make tamales.

My gramma was very happy to receive the hog's head from her son in law (my dad). Yea I was kinda grossed out but not enough to turn down gramma's tamales! C'mon now!!!

She told me "Mija, the head has a lot of meat. You don't wanna waste!"
  • YukonJoy
    Elk and antelope. It's redder but it's red meat vs. chicken. And yeah, it's chunkier but that depends on the setting of the grinder. Last time we accidentally rant it through twice (left the grinder in when we where stuffing the casings) and it was close to that texture.

True true. I am not a big fan of processed meat. I am okay once it is in the casing if it is sausages but I do not even like to cook ground beef.

Having said that, I don't like any meat that I don't know what is in it either. I would rather process my own. I won't eat/buy chicken nuggets or pre made burgers.

If I lived in the south I would only buy from local farms. Unfortunately there are no farms here, and I get sick of wild game after a while. Gotta git me some poultry!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Its chicken nuggets
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    I like pink. :love:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    I don't allow the arches for a different reason. I don't like the way the marketing works. Those "Truth" ads for tobacco companies? Nothing compared to how children are targeted by marketing companies.

Small children cannot tell the difference between programming and commercials. So I don't allow commercials either. Or juice. (Eat the fruit.) Or birthday cake. Or back-sass. Or anything fun.

But that's me, and I don't judge what others choose to feed their body/brain or that of their families. The goo isn't even the nastiest thing about the food industry.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Nothing like more of these scare mongering posts....oh well, I guess some people DO believe everything they read/see without doing any research of their own.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member

No....I'm pretty sure that's one of those giant ice scooper things I see in the pic with a ton of strawberry ice cream. Chicken nuggets are small, roundish and golden brown on the outside. That's ice cream...the strawberry kind.
  • If the chicken nuggets didn't hurt you before, they won't now either. I feel sorry for the pink goo. All the judging must make it sad.

It's really sad that pink goo gets such a bad rap.
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member

No....I'm pretty sure that's one of those giant ice scooper things I see in the pic with a ton of strawberry ice cream. Chicken nuggets are small, roundish and golden brown on the outside. That's ice cream...the strawberry kind.

LOL! Ah, sarcasm! DUR! Bahaha..