Motivate me or I'm giving up

Options
Ive lost 45 pounds and can't do anymore

Replies

• jessielynn75
    Options
    Whats your goal? Whats consider a healthy weight for you? I'm a cardiac nurse so I'm happy to help you with any questions you have.
    Jessica
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Whats your goal? Whats consider a healthy weight for you? I'm a cardiac nurse so I'm happy to help you with any questions you have.
    Jessica
    Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.
  • gj4man
    gj4man Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you mean by give up?

If you just want to take a break from eating a a deficit then fine, keep an eye on things but don't sweat it for a while.

If you're planning on deliberately putting the weight back on then that's a bit odd.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    As a graduate of Texas A&M University, with a degree in Journalism, I'd urge you to never give up. :bigsmile:
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Motivate yourself and never stop. YOU CAN.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    as someone that has done this successfully, well somewhat successfully, no one can motivate you like yourself. Ask yourself if you're happy and if not work harder. Suck it up. A little tough love. Don't take offense.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    As a Clinical Nutritional Counselor, I say don't give up! Only I am actually qualified to say that.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Why?
    Anyway, suit yourself. Quit, most people do, so you're in the majority as most people fail.
    Most people don't pack the goods to see this through, and we can offer encouragement but not motivation.
    That comes from within. You either have it or you do not.
    You were already motivated, or you wouldn't be here.
    To see this through, look deep inside and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be fit?
    And attach great pleasure to that as you set this goal.
    And then answer for yourself this:
    Why don't I want to be fat?
    Attach great pain to all the reasons you do not want to be fat.

Few people can actually do this which is why most people fail.
    This is the key to internal motivation.

So, what's going on that would make you want to quit?
    Maybe we can help you.:flowerforyou:
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Discouragement

"If you've invested enough effort and energy to get discouraged, you're well on your way to success. Discouragement is a certain weigh station on the road to any worthwhile achievement.
    If you know and care enough to be discouraged, you've made considerable progress. Learn what the discouragement has to teach you and then continue moving forward. It may seem as though you'll never make it, but in reality you're already there. Discouragement tempers and hardens you; it does not stop you.
    Reflect on your discouragement and you'll discover that it is a result of your commitment. You've already invested your time, your effort, your life. Soon, you'll reap the full reward of that investment. Let discouragement spur you on.
    Motivation is born of desire. The stronger the desire for something, the stronger the motivation.
    Endeaver to keep the promises we make to ourselves... We deserve to be treated with the same love and respect that we would give to others....."
    (By CW on bootcamp buddies)
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    You can do it. YOU have to convince YOU to do it. Think of the end goal, bite the bullet, knuckle down, battle through the tough times and as Nike say..."Just do it". You're only a failure when you give up, in the mean time, you;re a soldier battling through tough times....

(I'm the military girl who's giving you the tough love approach)
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a toxic thread.
    Maybe we can cool it down on the snark and actually answer the question that was asked.

I'm a little confused by your wording - are you just tired of losing weight or have you hit a nasty plateau and need advice on how to get past it?
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You're the only one who can motivate you. You have to want the lifestyle change and you have to be the one to follow through. No one else can do that for you.
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My education and career have absolutely nothing to do with what I'm about to say...Set an attainable goal for yourself and don't place a time limit on it if you're going to stress over it. Don't compare yourself or your journey with anyone else's and never give up on your dreams. You've done well to lose 45lbs. focus on maintaining the loss and if some point down the road you decide you want to go another 5lbs then set your sights on those. There is no race if you don't make it a competition:)

I wish you health and happiness!:wink:
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Usually its when youve had all you can take, and feel like giving up that your closest to reaching your goal. This is when most people quit. Champions push on, you can go one more inch, one more foot, one more mile, do it because you may be closer than you think!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Usually its when youve had all you can take, and feel like giving up that your closest to reaching your goal. This is when most people quit. Champions push on, you can go one more inch, one more foot, one more mile, do it because you may be closer than you think!

this
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I noticed you aren't filling out your food and exercise diary (which helps a lot). Also, looks to me like you're working with just one friend? Maybe ad several more for support. You can do this thing...seriously. So many have, and it's very doable. Good luck!
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    This is on you!! If you want to give up, give up - no one can stop you from doing that even with motivation.

If you prefered your old life, I'm sure it will happily take you back, if you've got the bal*s to change there is a better life out there, have the courage to find it!!
  • johncaraher
    johncaraher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You've done great dropping 45 pounds! If it's too hard right now just do what you need to for weight maintenance until you're ready to work at it again.

But the main thing is you've proven you have the drive, the dedication and self-discipline to achieve truly impressive results. You can dig deep and find that again!
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    By the look of your profile and food diary and the fact that this is your first post, I would safely say you just joined MFP today? Yes?

If you want motivation and some friends to help you along this is a great place for that. It's also a great place for information, yes some of it is bad, but some of it is very good. Of course you have to do your own due diligence regarding any info you come across.

If you truly want friends to help you on your journey and/or your stuck in a rut or plateau, add me!! I'd love to help any way I can. Of course I'm a paralegal so I can't give you a whole lot of info, but I can root you on!!
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options

45 lbs is a great accomplishment so not sure why you need to pass on that. You didn't answer the question re: how many total lbs you want to loose so I guess that is a missing puzzle piece, as is the reason why you are so frustrated that you feel the need to quit. If you are at your goal, take it from me, you still need to monitor your intake or you go back to the beginning and you will still need to be active or you will gain it back. If you lost 45 lbs already then you know what foods and portions to eat so I guess the rest is up to you. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.