Monster Drinks

I'm have a least one a day during my five day work week. Sometimes if I'm stressed I will drink another. I prefer the Abosolutely Zero because it has no calories. I'm constantly being harrased by co-workers about how bad they are. I've done just a little reading and there isn't really any strong support that they are bad or good for as long it's consumed in moderation. What your take? In the words of my friends, "COME AT ME BRO!" - LOL

I realize there will be debate and in the end I'm just wanting to hear what people think and who knows we might all learn something. Lets have a contest tonight on whole can drink the most Monsters in 2 Minutes, just kidding, now that would be lethal consumption.

Replies

• 2live4ever79
    2live4ever79 Posts: 79 Member
    Monster bump!
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    I personally steer clear of them. They're like soda for me, only worse. If I need caffeine, I grab a cup of coffee or green tea.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    I still drink them but I alternate between them and coffe and tea and only use them when I need a serious boost
  • 2live4ever79
    whew I thought I needed more caffeine for this topic.. LOL .. thanks for the replies. I should cut down. But there are days when it's not cold enough for me to enjoy coffee or it's too warm and I need something chilled.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    I drank (rockstar sugar free) during my cut last year and it didnt bother me at all....I would drink it while at work and before games. But the dentist may tell you different!! I dont drink any other soda ... The only thing it really hurts is the pocket
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    I have them occasionally.probably not the healthiest thing in the world but if you are only having them every now & again, should be right.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    I don't like them, but it has nothing to do with health. It's because of this
    http://www.illinoistimes.com/Springfield/article-6521-a-corporate-monster-v-ldthe-vermonsterrd.html
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    I don't like Monster..fruity. I prefer Red Bull, which is just pure awesome. If your friends give you ****, just tell them the pure awesome thing.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    I don't like them, but it has nothing to do with health. It's because of this
    http://www.illinoistimes.com/Springfield/article-6521-a-corporate-monster-v-ldthe-vermonsterrd.html

HA! I quit drinking Monster for the same reason!
  • 2live4ever79
    learned something new. Hmm??? Thanks for sharting!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member

I so hope that was a typo...it would make my effing day if it was typed on accident!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member

You're welcome!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member

Excuse me! :blushing:
  • 2live4ever79
    It would be classic if it was on accident.. LOL .. my boss and I always say that. She once sent an email to our partners and put thanks for sharting by accident and now we don't let her forget.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    0cd61ac5-46ec-4ad8-97f0-3624e63e24d9-297x300.jpg
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    I am liking the Monster Rehab which I admit does have 20 calories per can, but I only have a couple a week.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member

I didn't, but I did just trickle my panties from laughing so hard.
  • Contrarian
    It would be classic if it was on accident.. LOL .. my boss and I always say that. She once sent an email to our partners and put thanks for sharting by accident and now we don't let her forget.

LIAR!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member

LIAR!

Reported...
  • Contrarian

LIAR!

Reported...

Not again...