DON'T GET HUNGRY!!!

Options
I discovered today the hard way that letting myself get hungry was the best way to fail on my new healthy way of living!!! I went way to long without eating, not on purpose, I was working..... anyways, when I finally did get a break for lunch I was walking out of the building and I overheard this girl on the phone say "Ya, I'm going to Wendy's" and ALL OF A SUDDEN my whole body wanted a big fat fried chicken sandwich with french fries and a coke!!!! It felt like a drug addiction it was so strong!!!
I made it to subway and had wheat, chicken and mustard, no chips and WATER!!! But good grief I almost lost it. SO, I said all that to say this! Eat snakcs ALL THE TIME! Healthy snacks, but small things here and there to keep you from getting so hungry you don't care what you eat.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I discovered today the hard way that letting myself get hungry was the best way to fail on my new healthy way of living!!! I went way to long without eating, not on purpose, I was working..... anyways, when I finally did get a break for lunch I was walking out of the building and I overheard this girl on the phone say "Ya, I'm going to Wendy's" and ALL OF A SUDDEN my whole body wanted a big fat fried chicken sandwich with french fries and a coke!!!! It felt like a drug addiction it was so strong!!!
    I made it to subway and had wheat, chicken and mustard, no chips and WATER!!! But good grief I almost lost it. SO, I said all that to say this! Eat snakcs ALL THE TIME! Healthy snacks, but small things here and there to keep you from getting so hungry you don't care what you eat.

• slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I know that's a big deal but I DO snack all day on veggies and still seem to be starving by dinnertime.

Today, I've eaten well and still have 400 calories left. I haven't had a dessert yet, and don't keep "junk" in the house, so I can have a breakfast bar or something similar with more protein, if I want.

I'm not hungry right now, though. And I don't want to eat too late tonight either.

Decisions! Decisions!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    I discovered today the hard way that letting myself get hungry was the best way to fail on my new healthy way of living!!! .................

................Eat snakcs ALL THE TIME! Healthy snacks, but small things here and there to keep you from getting so hungry you don't care what you eat.

After failing at your suggestion several times in the last months, I finally started logging the time I eat in the "Food Notes" and set my cell phone alarm for 2.5 hours after every food, so in 2.5 hours, I still have a half hour to plan what I need to eat. It helps me disengage from whatever is SO important that I ignore meal time. I have to use a timer or an alarm for just about everything.....but if it works...why not?

~Cheryl