low sodium/low cal

Options
I eat soup almost everyday because I could eat a whole can and it was only 160 cals however today I noticed that it was also almost 1400 in sodium WTF. So are there any good foods out there that are low cal and low sodium I can have that is fast for lunch? I work in a resturant so I bring my food with my but dont have a lot of time to eat it. TIA

Replies

• shrdlicka23
    Options
    You could always make your own soup in large batches then freeze it in individual servings(ie: muffin pans) that way you can control the ingredients and save money too!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I make big batches of my favorite soups with CelifibR 'chicken' bouillon cubes. I buy them in bulk from Amazon.com, but they are also available in most natural food stores. I use these in everything, including my homemade marinara sauce. Adds great taste with very little sodium. By the way, I aim for 1250 calories with an equal number of sodium mgs. I usually make it, too.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    As people have already said, you can make your own soup in large batches and freeze it. I also like raw veggies and fruit. Hummus, you can either make your own, or buy it (making your own allows greater sodium control). Low sodium crackers. Nut butters. Unsalted nuts (even a lot of salted nuts aren't that bad). All of these can be quick to eat.