food success

Options
so I have been eating soup either progresso light or healthy request something like that because I can eat the whole can, it fills me up and low calories. I found out today though that it is very very high in sodium and I was told sodium can make you gain weight?? IDK if thats true Id like someone to confirm or deny that as well. So I was wondering if there is anything yummy and fast that I can have for lunch or dinner that is not only low cal but low sodium? I work in a resturant and dont have a lot of time to eat TIA

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Strawberry cupcakes?
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Sodium cAnt make you gain fat but it will make you retain water and be bloated which will affect the scale. Salad with various beans? (chicken, beans, eggs)
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Sodium is fine if you just drink a bit of extra water to flush it out afterwards. (High sodium meals that is. We need it, so if you eat low sodium else where then I am sure it evens out. You could always make your own soup and that way you know what is going into it :)
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Oh thats a great idea Ill have to check that out and see what intrests me thanks so much
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Strawberry cupcakes?

LOL I just made those tonight did you see the picture lol
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My understanding: Sodium doesn't make you "gain weight" , but it makes you retain water, so it's a temporary gain. Watch overall sodium for the day and drink extra water to help flush it out and you should be fine.

my advice would be to make your own soup so it's less processed and you know exactly what's in it.

my favorite easy go-to meals to bring for lunch are : large salad with chicken breast on top, homemade soup, beans and brown rice, or leftovers
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yup, I make my own soup and put it into the 2 cup pyrex containers. Perfect size and much lower in sodium. I just made the Bean and Kale soup from allrecipes.com and added a bowl of costco brown rice and chopped up chicken breast. It's sooooooo good. Lower sodium, higher in protein and absolutely delicious.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!