Going out tonight.......

Options
So any suggestions for how I can stay within my daily caloric needs? I am going to a concert tonight and will be stopping by a lounge for drink first.... I know I'll have a couple adult beverages...

Any ideas to help me stay on track with my health/weight loss?

:drinker:

Replies

• Justmel
    Justmel Posts: 18
    Options
    So any suggestions for how I can stay within my daily caloric needs? I am going to a concert tonight and will be stopping by a lounge for drink first.... I know I'll have a couple adult beverages...

Any ideas to help me stay on track with my health/weight loss?

:drinker:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    tonight is a long ways off....burn some extra cals today and enjoy yourself tonight
  • nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Options
    I heard one of the least caloric drink is a screwdriver. So maybe you could try that or rum and diet coke (although the diet soda makes you get drunker quicker - but maybe that's a good thing!) :wink:

Who are you seeing tonight?
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with Dave..... Work out like a maniac. Plan what you are going to eat for the entire day, so you can save as much cals as you can for tonight. Know what drink(s) you are going to have and how many calories it is so you are aware of what you are drinking... It adds up fast! :grumble:

BUT......... HAVE FUN!!!!! :smokin: :drinker:
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    i was just thinking the same thing... so what i did is plan that part of my calorie intake first... and a rum and coke is only 69 calories... not bad... so if you go for a walk / run... or do what ever exercise you want for 45 minutes you can earn at least 2... guilt free in the calorie world... well that is my plan at least! :drinker: make healthy choices all day and enjoy tonight! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    white wine isn't too bad...in moderation :tongue: or white wine spritzers....

dance a lot at the concert afterwards...and lots of water and fiber-rich foods tomorrow :happy:

Have fun tonight!

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I would do a little extra in the gym and log NOW! That way you can plan how many drinks and your food for the day. We are having drinks after work tonight, too, so I planned the day's meals first thing. I know I can have 10 ounces of wine and 2 handfuls of "snacks" from the bar bowl.

Yesterday was my son's birthday so I had to "plan ahead" for that, too. I felt confident eating a piece of cake at the party because I knew it wasn't going to send me over! :happy:
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    A vodka and club soda is the LOWEST calorie drink you can have!

It's all I drink when I go out now a days and just make sure I have enough calories for the end of the day.

Beer...even LIGHT beer..has a lot of calories and carbs
    Rum and Diet....diet soda is ok but the RUM has a lot of calories and dark rum has a lot of sugar

Vodka and club soda

club soda has zero calories and is actually hydrating because its just carbonated water
    Vodka has about 60 calories per shooter.

I usually ask for lots of extra lemon and lime slices for my drink and just squish it and squeeze out the juice so it flavors the drink better!

Lemons and Limes have a lot of Vitamin C and aid in digestion of food!

Have 4 of those and you'll DEFINATELY be good to go with only using 240 calories and zero carbs!
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not to burst your bubbles guys but a vodka soda is not 60 calories. It is between 60 and 70 calories per ounce. A mixed drink has at least 1.5 ounces if not more. Think of it as 100 calories a drink.

I always have vodka soda or wine.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends how they make the drink...

at the bars I go to its probably one ounce of liquor per drink. cheap cheap cheap
  • Justmel
    Justmel Posts: 18
    Options
    I am actually going to see Beyonce with my cousin. I've never seen her but I just love her...

And thanks to all for the great advice everyone!!!:drinker: