Hello!

Hi, I'm Cat :) I'm not new to losing weight, but I've gotten off the wagon! At my highest, when I started, I was 180ish. Went all the way down to 140 and I've creeped back up to 160ish. I'd really like to stay somewhere around 145 (I'm 5'7'').

I used to be good about working out but I've really slacked since I moved home after graduating college. My family eats out a lot so it's hard to find healthy things. They also buy a lot of junk and sometimes it's hard to resist (I am human!) Suggestions?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Welcome!!

Best advice I can pass along . . .

Eat your exercise calories.

You should eat back your exercise calories.
    Simply stated MFP has already figured out your total calories you need to eat per day to lose 1lb etc. a week.
    That's WITHOUT exercise. You'll notice that when you actually add exercise in, the calorie limit goes up.
    Why? Because it's telling you to eat your exercise calories.
    Large deficits aren't really good to do because while you will lose weight, what kind of weight will it be?
    In many cases you'll lose lean muscle tissue which LOWERS your metabolic rate even more.
    Then you have to eat even less to compensate for less of a calorie burn to continue to lose the same amount
    of weight each week.

Be efficient.
    Exercise hard and eat back the calories. The hard exercise will RAISE your metabolic rate and burn more fat at rest.
  • ginger_nut
    ginger_nut Posts: 24 Member
    Welcome!!

Best advice I can pass along . . .

Eat your exercise calories.

You should eat back your exercise calories.
    Simply stated MFP has already figured out your total calories you need to eat per day to lose 1lb etc. a week.
    That's WITHOUT exercise. You'll notice that when you actually add exercise in, the calorie limit goes up.
    Why? Because it's telling you to eat your exercise calories.
    Large deficits aren't really good to do because while you will lose weight, what kind of weight will it be?
    In many cases you'll lose lean muscle tissue which LOWERS your metabolic rate even more.
    Then you have to eat even less to compensate for less of a calorie burn to continue to lose the same amount
    of weight each week.

Be efficient.
    Exercise hard and eat back the calories. The hard exercise will RAISE your metabolic rate and burn more fat at rest.

First off, hi Cat!!! :)

Selcond, I totally agree with the above reply! And I understand the whole family eating junk being a temptation. I lived with family for two years and they ALL eat junk, so I'd try to take a day a week and cook something healthy for the family. It's only one day, but it gets them actually interested in trying new healthy things and then they start eating better, making it easier on you. On the other days, cook for yourself or eat away from home and brown bag a healthy meal.