Anyone over 250lbs try 30 day shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I would say to only do what you feel you can do. I was 250 when I started and I had not really been exercising so I decided to do it every other day so it is actually 60DS. I am on level 2 day 2 tomorrow and it does give results and gets easier. I currently weigh 246 and I have lost 5 inches so far. Once I complete it I am going to start again but to do it everyday level 1 10 days; level 2 10 days and level 3 10 days like it says. I have not had any problems with my knees. Yes I have been sore and my back hurt a little bit and I felt like there was no way I was ever going to be able to do it, but you know what I can and you can too. Good luck with what ever you decide.
  • Achiever7
    Achiever7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OMG, I am in tears at the outpouring of support. This was my first post. Thanks so much for all of the advice, encouragement and tips. I too heard of this on MFP, didn't know anything about it. (I never watched any biggest loser shows...a little too close to home for me) I went to Wally World to get it today. (found out it was there online) I got a mat and some small hand weights. Didn't realize what all was involved. I do believe I'll take ibuprofen before I ever start...preventative maintenance...and keep some icy hot on hand. I've been drinking whey protein shakes, so that should help.

Seriously, thank you to everyone. I love the anonymity of this site as I could never speak so freely about what I weigh and the issues involved with it to anyone I know. And, seeing you other strong ladies able to conquer this provides immesurable courage. Thanks so much.
  • MissDana1105
    MissDana1105 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was going to post the same thread right now! Exact same title, lol.

I'm 306 right now and am on day 5 (or will be later). It's hard on my knees and I'm a little worried about it but have just been taking it easy on them modifying the exercises. I have the hardest time on the jumping jacks with the jump rope as a close second.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    yep :) i made it through the entire workout with a few water breaks!