Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    then dont eat it
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of fish either but i cooked some tilapia last week and it was actually pretty good.

You just have to season/cook fish right and it tastes like chicken!(lol)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I suggest searching for sashimi grade fish. It is fresher, so fresh that they use it for sushi. I love a good tuna steak, as long as it's sashimi grade. If you like a good steak cooked rare/medium rare, you will love a good tuna steak. Quick sear it with just a bit of salt and pepper and serve with soy, lime juice and sherry mixed together and cooked for about 5 minutes to reduce. It's like eating a steak.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I like salmon. Try this. Once the fish has thawed( I buy frozen individully packed fillets) soak the fish in milk for 20-30 before you cook it. This helps take out some of the fishy smell and taste.
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I know I could simply 'not eat it" and "move on", as some of you suggested, but I am trying to teach my body (and mind) to try different things and to not lump everything into one catergory: FISH BAD. I had always hated sweet potatoes...but recently I made myself try it and, not prepared the way my family always made them (chunked up with marshmallows and stuff, super sweet) I actually like them now! I would hate to completely write off ALL fish just because I've had one or two types prepared one or two ways. As for supplements, it is MY PERSONAL DECISION to not take vitamins/supplements.
    But I think in the coming weeks I will be trying some baked or grilled fish. Thanks again!!
  • Generalms02
    Options
    I have the same problem.... I've tried talapia, salmon, and tuna.... I basically had to eat that stuff as fast as i could just to get it down. It was horrible. I can eat tuna out of a can mixed with a whole bunch of crap, but that's not healthy at all, so I don't do that anymore. My girlfriend loves fish, and I try hard to eat some with her, but it just tastes so bad. Everyone keeps telling me it's all in how you prepare it, but even when they prepare it "correctly" it still tasted horrible. Good luck with trying to eat more fish! I know how hard it is!