Any one weigh less NOT first thing in the morning?

Options
I have noticed that when I weigh first thing in the morning (nekked and after the morning business), sometimes I will "feel" lighter just an hour or so later. When I check the scale, it will show me as up to a lb lighter. What gives? Where did those ounces go? Just breathing and sweating (I'm not generally a sweaty pig)?

Replies

• sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bump... Anyone?
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    This happens to me all the time. Sometimes I'll weigh less right before dinner (after eating all day) than I did in the morning. This is why we shouldn't focus on the scale too much. =)
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that too, sometimes I will wake up and weight myself and than an hour later I weight less by .4 to 1.5lbs depending how long I go without eating in morning... strangest thing...not sure how that happens...maybe when you wake up your body starts using the water more? I unno :P
  • andreacord
    Options
    I drink water all around the clock so I weigh pretty much the same as what I went to bed as.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i usuasually weigh about a lb less in the morning than i did at night and about 1.5-2lbs less than i did at night at around 2 o'clock lol idk why
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    Happened to me today! First thing 219.4 then 2 or 3 hours later 219.0 then an hour later 219.4 lmao sad but I did weigh myself 3 times today! #1 ~ When I woke, in the nude, and after BM (I know TMI). #2 ~ After being on my elliptical for an hour with pj bottoms, undies, bra, glassed, and a tanktop. #3 In my undies and glasses befor I dressed for work.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I wonder if we are retaining water from sleeping. Puffy, etc. That has happened to me before, I weigh less after I walk my dog then if I just got out of bed. Still before I eat though
  • sblueyez
    Options
    Happened to me today! First thing 219.4 then 2 or 3 hours later 219.0 then an hour later 219.4 lmao sad but I did weigh myself 3 times today! #1 ~ When I woke, in the nude, and after BM (I know TMI). #2 ~ After being on my elliptical for an hour with pj bottoms, undies, bra, glassed, and a tanktop. #3 In my undies and glasses befor I dressed for work.

I'd put my money on #2 being lower as a direct result from perspiration and expiration ( is that right? The fluids you lose just from breathing?).

I put my scale in a different room in my house just to stop myself from getting on it whenever I walk by it. Stupid scale can ruin my day some times! That is why it is banished to the guest bathroom :)
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Your body weight fluctuates a lot during the day due to water changes. The point of the first thing in the morning weigh in is not to get the 'lowest weight', it's to get consistency with your weigh ins - of course there is still going to be some error e.g. if you had a big dinner the night before.
  • sblueyez
    Options
    Your body weight fluctuates a lot during the day due to water changes. The point of the first thing in the morning weigh in is not to get the 'lowest weight', it's to get consistency with your weigh ins - of course there is still going to be some error e.g. if you had a big dinner the night before.

Very smart! I don't know why I forget this so often.