A little different kind of sucess story

Options
I finally can say that I like vegetables other than the traditional salad kind (lettuce, tomato, and onions). Also I want to start experimenting with different kinds!!! I made some steamed veg's two nights ago with a lot of different herbs and spices. The mixture was so good that I actually want to start making them daily to eat. This has also inspired me to start learning how to use things like rutabaga, eggplant, cauliflower etc etc... As a side note a granny smith apple with honey drizzled over it is extremely sweet, delicious, and simple!

Replies

• penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    parsips with a drizzle of honey, carrots cooked with caraway seeds, nutmeg on potatoes.... I could go on all day, Veggies can be so tasty!!
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    hmmm well done... eggplant can be so versatile... there is soo much to do with it ^^
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Butternut / acorn / gem squash rocks my world! It's a bit high in carbs but I use it in curries and chilli instead of rice. It has a wonderfully fruity flavour which brings out the natural sweetness in the dish :)
  • redtop2187
    redtop2187 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone so far...can you all continue to give suggestions of different vegetable combinations with their flavor enhancers and/or of recipes? THANKS!!
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    hmmm well done... eggplant can be so versatile... there is soo much to do with it ^^

Agreed! Growing up, I hated hated eggplant. Recently I decided to give it another chance, and I actually really like it after cooking it myself!
  • redtop2187
    Options
    Just researched what Gem Squash and Parsnip were and they sound wonderful! Thanks, they are on my radar next time I'm at the grocery store!
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Thanks everyone so far...can you all continue to give suggestions of different vegetable combinations with their flavor enhancers and/or of recipes? THANKS!!

Check the BBC Good Food website. They have a search bar where you can type in an ingredient and select vegetarian as an option for the meal. I use it when I get my veg boxes to find out which vegetables go with which meat/herbs :)
  • redtop2187
    Options
    phlower: Any particular way you make the eggplant/prepare the eggplant?
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    phlower: Any particular way you make the eggplant/prepare the eggplant?

I search for recipes- i like epicurious.com. i tried this moroccan chicken stew that had eggplant and it was amazing! Eggplant by itself doesn't really taste like anything, but when i was young my parents made me eat this eggplant parm that tasted like... well, it was nasty.

i think even just baking or grilling it, experimenting with different seasonings and mixing it in with your favorite veggie, meat and whole grain can make a wonderful, filling, nutritious meal. Hope this helps :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!