Ok, I've been shredding for 30days and I don't look 'shredde

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi all

I bought J/M 30 day shred and have done it daily for the past mnth (minus 1-2 days)
I usually alternate between level 1 and 2 and have done both sets in one day
I also walk and do yoga
My arms and legs are a bit stronger but I didn't see the results I was hoping for
anyone else? any suggestion?

Thanks, Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I bought J/M 30 day shred and have done it daily for the past mnth (minus 1-2 days)
    I usually alternate between level 1 and 2 and have done both sets in one day
    I also walk and do yoga
    My arms and legs are a bit stronger but I didn't see the results I was hoping for
    anyone else? any suggestion?

Thanks, Kim
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    What were you looking for? It takes a very low body fat to be 'shredded'. Females generally need about 15% body fat to have visible abdominal muscles. Unfortunately it takes a lot longer than 30 days to get there. :flowerforyou:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Agreed, SBS!! I just started tony horton's p90x. This is an intense, 90 day program. IMO, the 30 day shred is not intense enough if you are already fairly fit. Also, for P90X, Tony says for most women it is more like P120. Sadly, it takes us longer to get those truly awesome results!!:grumble:

If you like the shred and feel like you're pushing yourself, keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Do you feel like you've lost inches at all? Are you more toned?

I've been interested in buying this program because I've heard all good things but I'm curious to hear any negative things as well.

Thanks!
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Well, I have been doing the 30 day shred for 4 days. I already feel toned and sore. I think you would have to ask yourself if you are eating properly. Another question is do you do the modified stuff or the more advanced. But I also do more than the 30 day shred.

I do the shred in the morning and either, Biggest Loser, cardio class(at the gym) water aerobics, or dancing on the same day.

But I'm wondering, have you lost weight these 30 days and do you see some defintion in your muscles.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on where you started. I did 30 day shred (not everyday - I alternated with the Power 90 Cardio and ABs) At the end of the 30 days, I was seeing more tone and even some visible muscles in my upper abs. But I was pretty soft all over when I started.