A Couple of NSVs

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
Last night I played softball against some of the top players in my state. I normally play at a lower level but some of the girls I coach talked me into it ;) I pitched three digs and besides being put over the fence by an Australian player (which is understandable!) kept a team of under 20 year olds, who are all half my size to no runs. Very happy!

Went to the gym today for the first time in three months. I'd previously been told by my beautician that I had great muscly legs (which I LOVE. I'm a pitcher, I need them!) and my mum had told me they're getting definition. Sitting on the leg press machine and I realised how small they now were! Woohoo! (haven't been in three months due to sports committments)

All my last weights I was able to do 10 more kg. (over 20lbs more)

I also did the treadmill. Being my first day back I took it slow. I was alternating between 5.5 and 6 speed. Two and a half minutes each. Did that for 20 minutes and was on 6 for the second last rotation. Was barely puffed so decided to finish 6.5 at a jog to see how I went. Was at a minute and STILL not puffed. Went to 7 and did that for the last 1.5 minutes! Very, very happy with that. Will look into a running program for the treadmill to work up to!

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great set of NSV's! You should be SOOO proud of yourself! Makes sense, beings your sport choice, but seriously you have a much better cardio system than I do! I only set it to 5 or 6 for my running spurts of a few minutes!

Great Job Girly :)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great set of NSV's! You should be SOOO proud of yourself! Makes sense, beings your sport choice, but seriously you have a much better cardio system than I do! I only set it to 5 or 6 for my running spurts of a few minutes!

Thanks! I don't do a heap of running but the last couple of weeks I've noticed it's easier. I ran four bases twice last night (not home runs sadly) I was even able to jog around the diamond last night and do sprints for a warm up. I almost cried!

I had to go buy some new gear today and was talking to one of the salespeople who was on my team. We were talking about my weight loss (apparently EVERYONE is talking about it. I got greeted with 'Stop shrinking' last night :) and she asked me how much I weighed. When I told her 111kg she was shocked. Said she thought I'd be about 20kg lighter.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    congrats on both NSV's! IMO NSV's are a whole lot more important than SV's :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!