Reflexology - no way!!!!!!!!

Options
debshedkg
debshedkg Posts: 28 Member
Okay so to help me with my pain management (got major osteoarthritis) and trying to loose the weight and want to exercise (going strong) bla bla bla - well worked out very hard this week. Went to physio and accupuncture - but still in pain - my back was so sore - no matter how I stretched - the pain was bad.

So I thought - okay reflexology for relaxation and just take the day off exercising. For a full 1/2 hour the therapist massaged my feet and lying their thought okay can't believe this will also help my back.

Well could not even move from the bed after she was finished - while she was doing the pressure points on my feet the pain was shooting into my back - very sore.

Finally got up and walked out and sat and had some herbal tea and got up _---- 15 minutes later ---- I was walking and walking and
I knew something was not normal
THE PAIN HAD EASED UP - UNBELIEVABLE - TODAY IS SATURDAY AND THE PAIN IS EVEN LESS.

Now I am convinced - I will start inquiring more about the Holistic side of things - recommend it to anyone .............

Replies

• SoozRenna
    Options
    hi - i love reflexology and whilst it may not heal it certainly provides relief from a lot of ailments - if you can try and continue with your reflexology the benefits are amazing. Don't know if you into yoga but this is also brilliant for everything. Hope your pain stays away :-)
  • Christinesugano
    Christinesugano Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So happy that you found some relief!
  • weaverfit
    Options
    I tried it for my Plantar Fascitis. While it felt terrific, it did not miraculously heal my heel pain. What I do believe it did was help with foot circulation and aided in a natural healing process which took several months.

My question - if there are any reflexologists on MFP - is: Does a regular, non-professional, self-administered foot massage (including between the toes) help or aid any health issues or organ systems as formal reflexology might/does? Just curious.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I tried it for my Plantar Fascitis. While it felt terrific, it did not miraculously heal my heel pain. What I do believe it did was help with foot circulation and aided in a natural healing process which took several months.

My question - if there are any reflexologists on MFP - is: Does a regular, non-professional, self-administered foot massage (including between the toes) help or aid any health issues or organ systems as formal reflexology might/does? Just curious.

I'm a massage therapist and I'd say pretty doubtful. Reflexology is pretty complex and there are a ton of different sections on the foot with various points in them. It's hard enough for me to perform even after taking a class :)
  • JillRH
    JillRH Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had Plantar Fascitis so bad that I felt like I was walking barefoot on large rocks. Just walking to the mailbox was a chore and my job required me to be on my feet all day. My cousin is a physical therapist, she told to stretch my feet. Sit on the floor with your legs out in front of you and point your toes back toward you hold for as long as you can stand. I did this every evening, while my feet still hurt once in a while it is no longer a chore to walk to the mailbox or anything else I just have to wear shoes with good supports. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.