Mommies out there, can you relate to my issue?

Options
I had extreme nausea, vomiting with both of my pregnancies. With my son (almost 9) I threw up for 8 months everyday, multiple times. Afterward I got nauseas everytime my stomach was empty, eventually it went away. With my twin girls (now 3) I finally got to the point in my pregnancy where I was eating every 2 hours, even in the middle of the night just to put off the nausea. If my stomach got empty and I tried to eat I would get sick. Even now, 3 years later, this will still occur. With both pregnancies I lost weight (only was 15lbs over my initial start weight when I went in for my induction at 38 weeks with twins). They completely zapped me and with the girls, it seems like I am just not getting any of my levels back. I am trying to eat more fruits and veggies to build up my iron and calcium counts, I still get severe nausea if I let my stomach get empty, and to drink water feels very heavy and makes me feel like I am going to throw up when I get like this. Any one else been through this? It really puts a damper on weight loss when I feel I have to eat all the time, and often with the rush of thing, the food choices are not very great.

OBGYN, counts are a little low, hormones are a bit high still, but not high enough to do much other than birth control, which isn't an option with me.

Replies

• Cecarom
    Cecarom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You could try sucking on lemons....I don't know why it works....Maybe it's the shock of something so sour....I only had the nausea during my first pregnancy....nothing helped....not even sea bands--which I wore so long I ended up bruising my hands.....I had borrowed a video from the library on pregnancy or nausea from pregnancy (that was some time ago now--I don't remember what it was called)....that's where I got the idea about the lemons....Good Luck, I hope you find some relief!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Could it be something dietary, like the onset of celiac (severe gluten intolerance) or something else?