Resting Days Question

Options
2»

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm bad about taking rest days, but in general your body does need some rest. However, if you're rotating workouts, you don't need to rest in quite the same way I think. I wouldn't lift upper-body two days in a row, but I might lift upper-body, then do cardio the next day. Which sounds like what you're doing. Unless I feel like I need the break (or life majorly gets in the way), I work out most days, I just don't do the same thing, or work the same areas, every workout.
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    My rest day is usually very active because I spend it with very fit friends who love to be doing something rather than sitting at home. Last saturday(Madora Bay), this saturday (Rockingham) and next week saturday (Mandurah) we had or have mini triathlons at 7/8am in the morning.(I run around taking photo's of them all competing because I'm not fit enough to compete yet. this is a goal for next year). Then we all go to one of our houses for breakfast followed by a trip to the beach to kiteboard/surf or swim. Or to the boats to wake board or ski.We follow that up with a BBQ at one of our homes, then it's off to bed so we can do it all over again (bar the triathlon, which is usually swapped for a game of golf) the next day.It's done in a relaxed kind of way, we just enjoy ourselves. We dont allways do the same things every weekend, but we're allways doing something.