Turbofire people... shoes?

Options
What kind of shoes do you wear when you do Turbofire? I have a pair of Saucony progrid 3's that are old running shoes that I've been wearing. They have lost any cushion they had and it's causing my knees and feet to hurt.

Replies

• ZumbaTriad
    ZumbaTriad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't wear ANY shoes when doing Turbofire at home due to the carpet. I know, not recommended ... believe me ... I know! I'm actually a certified TurboKick instructor.

However, I hurt my knee several times because I wasn't able to pivot and torqued my knee. With that being said, what type of surface are you doing the workouts on?
  • lalala06
    lalala06 Posts: 153
    Options
    i do not wear any shoes either..at home on carpet is where i workout and wearing shoes just doesnt work for me.
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    IMO, you need better shoes. Running shoes are made for running. They do not have enough support on the side of the shoe for Turbofire. I tried Turbofire with an old pair of running shoes also and my feet were hurting pretty bad. With this said, I'm not sure what type of shoe would be best...
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I do it barefoot too. I'm working out in my garage on foam tiles and tried it with shoes but just didn't like it. I do taekwondo barefoot and our studio has similar flooring so I figure it's not going to hurt anything. I prefer working out barefoot for most things.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I do it in my socks. Unless its the sculpt / tone workouts or the HIITs, in which case I bought some cheap trainers just for indoor use.
  • Robin2295
    Options
    No shoes for me. I started out in my running shoes.. They just didn't work on the carpet. I'm a lot more comfortable barefoot.
  • nailed479
    Options
    I don't use shoes either!!
  • greeneyedmama81
    greeneyedmama81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm also on carpet. Maybe I'll try with no shoes.

I thought about getting a 5x5foot square of plywood so I can pivot my feet better in shoes. I don't know if my knees can take me jumping with no shoes on. I tried one of the HIIT workouts with no shoes and thought I might die.