Whats more important Calorie or Sodium Count?

Options
13»

Replies

• MISSMILL3405
    MISSMILL3405 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Really? You can't figure out what you could do to cut your sodium? You eat Dunkin Donuts, Olive Garden, high-sodium turkey-and-cheese wraps, and canned soup every single day.

Fine:

Instead of going to Dunkin Donuts every day, try eating some cereal or scrambled eggs.

Instead of eating canned soup every day, try making some from scratch.

Instead of eating processed food, try cooking.

Hmmm...for responses such as yours ElizabethRoad, you must be perfect. Other than the rudeness, insensitivity, lack of grace or refinement, ill mannered, discourteous & overall lack of good manners, that is.

Monst - Obviously calorie deficits are important for weight loss, but keep an eye on the sodium as well. Given your desire to cut the pounds and start exercising, there is already going to be strains on the heart. High sodium is a factor in high BP, so now that you're putting strain on the heart with exercise, a BP count isn't good. Please, have your BP checked before getting too rowdy with working out.

I have never felt so disgusted after reading someone's post as I have yours ElizabethRoad! You must be able to walk on water when it comes to working out and eating right however you seem to be drowning in the tact and rudeness area. Wait a minute if you can walk on water from working out and eating right, why are you even on here?????

Monst - Please do not listen to anything this.............thing (ElizabethRoad) has to say. I have a problem with sodium myself and have been working hard to try to correct it. The processed foods are the worse so I try to limit myself to one every other day. Their just so easy and fast to use it is hard not to eat them. I also try to drink a TON of water to flush my system. All I can say is DON'T GIVE UP AND NEVER QUIT!!!! As a matter of fact use this VERY rude comment as motivation if nothing else. Like I said in my private message to you, we are all in the same boat and by sticking together we can all hit our goals.
  • monst76
    Options
    Really? You can't figure out what you could do to cut your sodium? You eat Dunkin Donuts, Olive Garden, high-sodium turkey-and-cheese wraps, and canned soup every single day.

Fine:

Instead of going to Dunkin Donuts every day, try eating some cereal or scrambled eggs.

Instead of eating canned soup every day, try making some from scratch.

Instead of eating processed food, try cooking.

Hmmm...for responses such as yours ElizabethRoad, you must be perfect. Other than the rudeness, insensitivity, lack of grace or refinement, ill mannered, discourteous & overall lack of good manners, that is.

Monst - Obviously calorie deficits are important for weight loss, but keep an eye on the sodium as well. Given your desire to cut the pounds and start exercising, there is already going to be strains on the heart. High sodium is a factor in high BP, so now that you're putting strain on the heart with exercise, a BP count isn't good. Please, have your BP checked before getting too rowdy with working out.

I have never felt so disgusted after reading someone's post as I have yours ElizabethRoad! You must be able to walk on water when it comes to working out and eating right however you seem to be drowning in the tact and rudeness area. Wait a minute if you can walk on water from working out and eating right, why are you even on here?????

Monst - Please do not listen to anything this.............thing (ElizabethRoad) has to say. I have a problem with sodium myself and have been working hard to try to correct it. The processed foods are the worse so I try to limit myself to one every other day. Their just so easy and fast to use it is hard not to eat them. I also try to drink a TON of water to flush my system. All I can say is DON'T GIVE UP AND NEVER QUIT!!!! As a matter of fact use this VERY rude comment as motivation if nothing else. Like I said in my private message to you, we are all in the same boat and by sticking together we can all hit our goals.

Ah heck I'm not going anywhere till I lose the weight I set out to lose, and as far as one rude Knuckle Head. I don't worry about that she might have been having a bad day and what to her seemed like a stupid question was something I had to reevaluate in my own diet. I did gain alot of knowledge about process foods as I didn't know what they even were till last week. I just figured you kick burgers, pizza and every other Junk food and put in Turkey, Veggie patty and salad and everything would work out...lol Not to be as I see. I did get a 400 calorie low sodium cook book and have made my dinner for the past 3 days. I would like to report that doing that and taking left overs the next day I have made my sodium goals every day this week. I'm still getting my Dunkin Donut in the morning but only get the Veggie egg white and coffee.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Try using the websites skinnytaste.com or emilybites.com

I would say I make about 60% of my food and eat out / eat mostly pre made food 40% of the time. I am not one of those people that will hand make EVERY single thing I eat. I do not want to exert that much effort into my nutrition, so I try to find a balance that works for me. I usually make one or two things a week and eat that for lunch or dinner throughout the week. Rinse and repeat.
  • monst76
    Options
    Good tip I'll check it out...TY