MFP skeptic

Options
More and more I am beginning to be a skeptic of some of the info it gives me. I exceeded my daily calories by 300+, did not exercise and MFP says in 5 weeks I will have lost 3kg? How does that happen? Maybe i'm just too dumb to understand the whole weight loss math.

I have read far too many threads about how MFP over estimates calories burned so much that, I log my jogs(11min per mile) as race walking, my race walks as walk dog pace. I don't have a HRM, im too broke to buy one right now.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Because even going over by 300 calories you're still in a deficit, just not as much a deficit as you had set in your goals. So you'll still lose, just not as quickly or as much as you would have if you hadn't eaten those 300 calories.

There really is no way to accurately guess how many calories you burn because there are SO many factors that go into it. So yes, the calories burned aren't very accurate, but they take an average and you see how your weight loss is going and adjust as necessary.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Going over your calorie limit by 300 calories is STILL under the number of calories you'd need to maintain your weight. So you'd still lose.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Ahhh thank you very much ladies..Those answers make PERFECT sense