wATER

Options
I added an app to my phone to keep track of water, it says I drink half my weight in water, I can get the 8 cups in, but 1/2 my weight is hard. Anyone else do 1/2 there weight? Im talking larger women here, my goal would be 111 oz

Replies

• morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    What app did you add? I do good to get 8 cups most days but sometimes I can get 10-12.
  • StargazerHuck
    StargazerHuck Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am also a larger woman trying to become a smaller one :) Water for me is easy because I have been on a water kick since college so it is just second nature now. However my family are not natural water drinkers so we use Mio, Crystal Light etc to help them get their water intake in.
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    What app did you add? I do good to get 8 cups most days but sometimes I can get 10-12.

it is called hydrate
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am also a larger woman trying to become a smaller one :) Water for me is easy because I have been on a water kick since college so it is just second nature now. However my family are not natural water drinkers so we use Mio, Crystal Light etc to help them get their water intake in.

I only drink water I dont do sodas,I have a 32 oz at work but I fill it up before it is empty I need to drink it all then fill it up. I have a sit down job and dont walk much at work except to bathroom, so I take my water jug and refill.
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    Yeah I try to. I try and drink 16 glasses ((128oz)) and that is not at exactly half (cuz I weigh 260 lbs). But it has helped me with my feeling more healthy everyday! Only been doing it for a few days now so havent done it long enough to see how it effect my weightloss
  • Cris725
    Cris725 Posts: 81
    Options
    I couldnt imagine trying to drink half my weight in water. I get an intake of 8-10 per day and I'm good. I'm never thirsty and not very hungry most times. If I drank half my weight (and I'm currently at 190), I would feel sick and never want to eat.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am 252 and I drink somewhere between 16-20 cups of water a day. I cut out all sodas and tea (I drank 2qts of sweet tea a day). I drink 3 cups of plan water with every meal and water whenever I am thirsty. If I want my coffee (I was up to 1/2 a pot with all the sugar fixings), I have a cup that keeps it warm for up to 4 hours and I sip on it for taste but I never drink it because I am thirsty. I heard somewhere that if you were thirsty then you were 2 cups behind :)
  • caitem
    caitem Posts: 2
    Options
    Try to Get a gallon in a day it seems like alot but it helps the body soo much, with metabolism of fat, and general digestion. Also helps with keeping skin clear and glowing!
  • Tranquil_Miche
    Options
    I drink 10 cups (80 oz) a day. It’s not half my weight, but that is the intake I was advised to drink. It was a significant change to me considering that my primary source of fluid consisted of coffee and sodas with only enough water to brush my teeth. At first I ran to the bathroom a lot, but after a week my body adjusted. What really helped me is a 40 oz water container that I purchased at a local container store; it disguises the amount of water in its tall thin frame.