Slow weight loss on zoloft

Options
I was put on zoloft by my doc a few months back and started trying to lose weight at the beginning of the year. Before starting MFP I lost 4 pounds for a total loss of 7 pounds for the month of January which is good but I am getting a but frustrated with how slowly it is coming off. I am a WW lifetime member and during this same weight before my second child I was easily losing 2-3 pounds a week doing the same amount of exercise and eating exactly the same. Could it be my age??? The zoloft? Any advice?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    7 pounds in 4 weeks is not slow. The closer you are to goal the slower it will come off. Your ticker says you have 5 pounds to go - it's not going to come off at the same rate as when you lost 86 pounds.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Difficulty losing weight or even gaining weight is one of the side effects of SSRI medication. I've been on two different kinds and both inhibited weight loss / may have even caused weight gain. At any rate, your loss definitely doesn't sound slow. Just take it easy and you'll be there in no time!
  • cjfogh
    cjfogh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I actually have more than 5 pounds. I just put 145 as my first "goal" to keep myself motivated. At 150 I still have another 28 pounds to go.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I still think you're expecting a heck of a lot. You've lost almost 2 pounds a week so far. It's great that you were able to lose it so fast before. But I'm afraid your expectations are a bit high.