Ham, spinach, asparagus, and tomato quiche!

Options
jennarandhayes
jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
I made up a new recipe tonight as I was experimenting with phyllo dough as a crust for quiche. My sister in law was here and raved about the recipe so I thought I'd share. The best part? It was 194 calories for 1/4 of the entire pie!

Ham and asparagus quiche:

75g phyllo dough (I used 5 sheets and trimmed the edges)
40 sprays of cooking spray
100g pre-cooked ham, finely chopped
71g chopped onion (I used 1 small onion)
2 cloves minced garlic
47g frozen spinach, defrosted
71g sliced tomatoes (5 slices)
258g steamed asparagus, chopped
10 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
30g shaved parmesan cheese

Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F

Prepare all ingredients as follows. Steam asparagus, cook onion and garlic together in a non-stick pan with a few drops of water and a couple of sprays of cooking spray, defrost spinach in microwave and pat dry, finely chop cooked ham, slice tomatoes and lightly brown them in a non stick pan with a couple of sprays of cooking spray, and separate egg whites whisking them with thyme, basil, salt, and pepper. Set all ingredients aside.

Place a sheet of phyllo dough in quiche pan or pie pan sprayed with cooking spray. Carefully press dough in to pan and trim the bits hanging over the side. Spray dough with cooking spray and add another sheet, pressing carefully in to the first sheet. Repeat the process with all 5 sheets.

Sprinkle ham and cooked, chopped onion mixture into the bottom of the quiche. Tear spinach in to pieces, spreading around the whole quiche and add asparagus until it is evenly dispersed. Pour 3/4 of egg mixture over quiche and place the tomato slices on top. Add remaining egg mixture.

Place quiche in oven and bake for 20 mins. Sprinkle parmesan on top of quiche, cover with foil and bake for another 15-20 mins.

Calories Carbs Fat Sugar Protein
Total: 774 75 17 8 69

Per Serving: 194 19 4 2 17
(1/4 of recipe)

Enjoy!
Quiche194.jpg

Replies