caffeine

I have heard varying things, I really want to know how caffeine effects weight loss?

Is it harmful/ makes no difference/ benefit weight loss???

Becasue I drink about 3 cups of green tea a day, and approx. two cups of tea or coffee a week. I am curious how it works.

:)

Replies

• Caffeine doesn't affect your weight, if does affect your body in other ways, it starts to like require it to function, but that wasn't you question, to answer you question no it does not. However, the tea you drink may. you have to look at the nutritional facts. that is where the tell is. the numbers never lie. stay within your guidelines and you're good to go.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    If you do a search for "caffeine," you'll find a whole bunch of posts about it. In my research, I've come to the conclusion that while it doesn't affect weight loss, it does have a small affect on hydration acting as a diuretic if you aren't use to it, so be sure to keep up on your water intake. And, of course, don't overdo the caffeine, as it can cause irritability, irregular heartbeat, muscle twitches, and basically acting like foamy the squirrel for a bit.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    I have never had a proble loosing weight with caffeine.Though, recently, I replaced my 3 cups of caffeinated drink a day with one caffeine and the rest decaf. I go through about 3 tea bags a day plus 1 cup of coffee. I know people say they cant live without it, but, once you get yourself weened off, you have so much more natural energy that rises to the occasion and no more anoying headachs when you "Didnt have time to get your fix"
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    It can suppress appetite, although it's never worked for me...