i am soo depressed i want to quit this!!

Options
i am having such a hard time i know i am in menopause but still you would think i'd loose something!!

Can somebody help me!! i have walked/eliptical for this past week for a total of 39.07 miles i did this for two hours everyday except wed... i didn't lose any weight at all this week..

i write down everything i ate, pulled myslef downstairs to workout when i am really tired and this is what i get.. nothing..

i don't know what i am doing wrong, i keep a pedometor on me at all times and this is how i figure my steps then convert them to a calorie burn i don't use the calories that are exposed on either the treadmill or the eliptical..

i have plantar faciatas in both of my legs and very bad ankles thats why i kept to the walking this week i was going to swtich things up but i don't want to get hurt... i have to stretch for 10 min before i get out of bed and walk down three flights of stairs as my heels hurt so bad

i appreciate any advice.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    What are you eating?
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yup, we need to see your food diary in order to determine if you're eating in a way that might be detrimental to weight loss. Open it up. :)
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Oh no!! I'm sorry you've been feeling this way!! :( How has your diet been? How long have you been at it? Do you use workout videos or anything like that?
  • Tofteberg
    Tofteberg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring. Sometimes people might not lose in a week but inches still shift. Don't give up!!
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry your struggling. Are you eating quality calories?
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    What will quitting gain for you (other than possibly more weight?) Feeling frustrated or depressed is normal, seeking advice, suggestions and doing research is great! Quitting is just not acceptable! :glasses:

Just to let you know my personal experience, my "work" or lack of it.... usually shows up about 2 weeks later. I rarely see results the very same week.

I know, my signature says I've only lost 4 pounds, maybe it makes it look like I have no clue what I'm doing yet - but I have actually lost 60 - it's been a few years, I gained some back last year for lack of effort and I am starting over. I know what I did wrong, it's time improve my lifestyle again!
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    fitness experts reccommend revving it up with your excercise if you start to plateau, with your injuries could you maybe take on swimming? and boxing is good you can just do the punches without any of the lower body stuff:smile:

also maybe make a change in what you are eating, are you only eating the same kind of foods? maybe your body is craving some big changes

xx

3926322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,158 Member
    Options
    When was the last time you had a blood workup? Is there a thyroid issue, possibly? And yes, are you fueling all that activity appropriately? Don't give up! You can work through this!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Has it only been one week? Sometimes you just don't lose weight for a week or two and then it comes off after that. You can't count on it being steady.
  • inuit
    inuit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt work out if you are tired, you will end up having a half hearted work out and end up hating it. I have found my best results arem where my workouts have been shorter but more intense.

You work out quite a lot, so make sure you are eating plenty of protein and healthy stuff. I am only new to this, but over the last few months the way i have found i have lost the most is when i have ate to fuel my body,no garbage (this week has been bad for garbage for me and i have hardly lost anything) had a good workouts that i have enjoyed.

Anyway stick with it, change things up and see what happens over the next few weeks, sometimes it needs a change or a break in training to get that weight moving.

make sure you measure yourself, you could be building and firming the muscle you have and actually losing fat but not shifting weight.

You can do it, keep smiling and make sure you enjoy it rather than making it a chore.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    You probably arent eating enough.
    That effects hormones!

Calculate your calories at Fat To Fit Radio under tools.
    Do the military body fat calc then the BMR tool.
    Someone at your age under eating is deadly!

If you need help let me know.
  • sheila2734
    Options
    You could be making MUSCLES!!! and losing inches. Muscle is heavier than fat! DONT STOP NOW!!
  • chammich
    chammich Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Maybe quit your diet now and revamp it into something that will work? Have you thought about altering the goal settings? Myself, if I don't eat lower carb foods I will not loose.
  • mommamindi
    Options
    Did you take measurements?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not visible to us, so it's anybody's guess. I could probably guess what the issue is, but it would be random and irresponsible of me to say anything without seeing what you've been eating.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am also a menopausal woman and it's so hard to take the weight off, but SO easy to put it on. Don't get stuck with the number on the scale, get a measuring tape and you'll see progress that the scale doesn't. I also find that eating on the lower carb side is better for me,but it's hard because I love carbs! Keep pushing forward, you can do this!
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I started working out at Premier and my worst friend has always been my scale. It seems to call my name, and I find myself on it daily. Well this morning was my regular weigh in day, and after all the workouts I had been doing, I was really upset at 0.5 pounds off for the week. I eat healthy, and measure everything, and have been here almost 2 years but due to hernias never been aloud to workout at a gym, just walk. After my weigh in I went on to Premier and told my trainer how upset I was with my weigh in this morning. She told me to throw out the scales, and start going with my measurements every 6 weeks instead. She then had me hold 5 pounds of something that was supposed to represent fat, and 5 pounds of something that was supposed to be muscle. The 5 pounds of fat was way larger then the 5 pounds of muscle. ( her being a trainer explained it way better then I just did) Otherwise, she said that I will be loosing inches more then pounds now because I am toning up muscles. Maybe you are doing the same and should start by taking your measurements every 6 weeks instead of your weight.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, let us see what you put into that body^^
    Get your blood works done, see a GP, there might be an underlying problem. It is harder to shift once you are in meno pause and there might be water retention... i.e. still weight, take measures rather then relying on the scales - sometimes you lose inches but not weight. And last but not least... we all know the feeling ^^ weight loss isn't easy, and it doesn;t always work the way we want it. Also keep reminding yourself, you haven't put o the extra weight over night, or int his case, a week - you won;t lose it in a week
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above - get checked!
    And even healthy folks feel as you do at times.

Actually, most people do quit, so if you did, you'd be in the majority.
    It's hard work, and some weeks, progress seems so slow.
    I feel you!
    We can offer you encouragement and inspiration but motivation is all on you.
    That comes from within; it's internal.
    Not withstanding any medical issues, there are things you can try.
    To punch through this wall of doubt, look within and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be healthy and fit?
    And attach great pleasure to that as you set these goals.
    And then ask yourself why do you NOT want to be fat?
    Attach great pain to all the reasons you do not want to be fat.
    Few people can actually do this which is why most people just quit.
    This is the key to internal motivation.
    Take the time to do this, and you'll never really consider quitting ever again.
    Sure, you may have challenges; we all do, but you'll keep punching and reach your goals.

All Is Possible!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    trelawney.jpg

Honestly without your food diary open people would have to be psychic to offer much help. Dont give up