cauliflower

Options
angievan26
angievan26 Posts: 212
Does anyone know how to make the mock mashed potatoes out of cauliflower?

Replies

• angievan26
    Options
    Does anyone know how to make the mock mashed potatoes out of cauliflower?
  • erin00glen
    Options
    you will be disappointed. I tried this and it was just mushy cauliflower... but here it is if you want it

1 head cauliflower
    1/8 cup skim milk
    Salt & pepper
    Paprika

Cook cauliflower until fork tender. Place cauliflower (in pieces), skim milk, salt and pepper in blender. Whip until smooth. Pour cauliflower into small baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika and bake in hot oven until bubbly.

Good luck
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    1 head cauliflower
    1/8 skim milk
    Salt & pepper
    Paprika

Cook cauliflower until fork tender. Place cauliflower (in pieces), skim milk, salt and pepper in blender. Whip until smooth. Pour cauliflower into small baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika and bake in hot oven until bubbly.
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
    4 cups cauliflower florets
    1 ounce butter flavored cooking spray
    1 fluid ounce fat-free half-and-half
    Pinch salt
    Pinch freshly ground black pepper
    Add to Recipe Box
    My folders:

Add to Shopping List
    Customize Recipe
    Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS
    Steam or microwave the cauliflower until soft. Puree in a food processor, adding the butter spray and the half-and-half to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
    FOOTNOTES
    This recipe is optimal for Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet.
    Copyright© 2003 Waterfront Media, Inc. All rights reserved.
    See more from The South Beach Diet Online.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I just boil it until tender, mash it with a masher, add a little milk/ 1/2 & 1/2, or whatever and a little butter or butter flavored cooking spray then some grated parmesean cheese. Yummy!! And even the kids love it - of course I made them get over their aversion to cauliflower early on :laugh: They really like it now and love my mashed cauliflower. Just don't be thinkin' it will have similar taste/texture to mashed potatoes. NOT - but still very yummy!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I microwave it, then mash with a 'tater masher, add margarine, FF sour cream, Parmesan, whatever I have enough calories left to do! It's yummy.
    :bigsmile:
  • angievan26
    Options
    Thanks everyone... I think I am going to give it a try.. but I am going to put some cheese on it.. like cheesy mashed potatoes.I guess we will see
  • katkat
    katkat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    that's great thanks:flowerforyou:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I steam mine adding a few cloves of garlic until real tender and just mash it spray butter or sometimes I use olivio salt and pepper if you like. If you add any liquid sometimes it is too watery. I also put low fat gray on mine...just like homemade....
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    neufchatel (low fat cream cheese) mixed in is really good. makes them creamy. I think they would be bad with skim milk:sick:

I added some shredded cheese, and they were GOOD
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    okay here is one I havent tried but might work....french onion laughing cow....in them...