Weight Watchers

Options
paledi
paledi Posts: 56 Member
Anyone doing both? To me, MFP seems easier to track.

Replies

• alabughosh
    alabughosh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I saw you posted in a different forum that you were upset that nobody responded to your post! I feel for you because I haven't started a single thread because I'm afraid no one will ever respond! :embarassed: But, to answer your question: I USED to do WW but I didn't like it because I found that this was the topic of every meeting: "So, like, how many POINTS should I count if I ate 5 WW Fugcicles? Because... it says they are 2 points, but then if you eat more than one it counts it as more points...." EVERY MEETING!! This website it awesome and FREE! Anyway, good luck with your weight loss goals and I'm sure the extra support couldn't hurt at all. Personally, I would prefer to spend $45 dollars and meet with a trainer once/month (my trainer charges $50/ hour).
  • paledi
    Options
    I'm embarrassed now because I sounded more upset than I really was. Sometimes it's hard to get the right tone across when you are writing...in your own head it sounds like your kidding but then when you see it written down, it sounds totally different. Oh well,I guess I'll stick to responding to posts until I find a way of not coming across as a sour puss.

I am thinking of giving it another month, since I paid for it anyway. The recipes are great but I kind of think you might have something there with personal trainer thing.

Also, thanks for responding. I'm sure your first thread will be fine as long as you say it out loud first. Lol!
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm following the WW program myself alongside MFP... I'm not going to meetings cos I'm broke :( I am finding that I'm going over on my daily allowance on days that I do a lot of exercise, but it is balancing out and I haven't as yet gone over my weekly allowance of 49 (although I was close to it one week!!) I love MFP as it takes the exercise calories into account.
    Having said that, I don't tend to eat any WW products as I find they are really over processed, some of them read like a sscience experiment! I think the secret is to eat as much whole foods as possible and try and steer away from the processed stuff...
    And before you start thinking, I don't have time (that used to be my excuse), I do work full time and have two little munchkins at home as well... its all about being organised! I have all my food preped for the day before I leave the house and I fill in MFP first thing (as well as my little note book for WW). That way I what I have spare in case I end up feeling munchy during the day. I keep a bag of fruit and brazil nuts in my drawer at work in case I feel the need.

My diary is public if you want to take a peek...
  • paledi
    Options
    Yes, I noticed I can be under my calorie goal on MFP and way over on WW, and it can be completely the opposite if I eat a lot of fruits and veggies on another day. I have learned not to track every little thing on WW and just put in all my totals from MFP to save time. It's usually over but like you said, I haven't used up the whole 49 points yet. Good point on the WW products...they are expensive! I looooove the recipes though!

Okay, I'm gonna go peek at your diary now!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Yes, I noticed I can be under my calorie goal on MFP and way over on WW, and it can be completely the opposite if I eat a lot of fruits and veggies on another day. I have learned not to track every little thing on WW and just put in all my totals from MFP to save time. It's usually over but like you said, I haven't used up the whole 49 points yet. Good point on the WW products...they are expensive! I looooove the recipes though!

Okay, I'm gonna go peek at your diary now!

If you are using the new system, the problem is that fruits and vegetables have calories. WW allows these to be "free". So it is possible to go over on your calories by following their program when you add those items in. I don't get how they can allow them to be free. Some fruits are decently high in calories! Yes they are nutritious, but that doesn't mean the calories don't count.
  • allynady
    allynady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was using WW from Nov 2011 to Feb 2012 and kept losing & gaining the same .5 lb.. I started MFP on Jan 30 and have lost over 2 lbs. I had successfully lost with WW in the past so I was a little surprised. I love MFP!
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I saw you posted in a different forum that you were upset that nobody responded to your post! I feel for you because I haven't started a single thread because I'm afraid no one will ever respond! :embarassed:

Hahaha this has happened to me twice today - both posts completely ignored/not a single response :embarassed: But really, all I wanted was to share 2 things (good things at that!) today to any members who would be interested....if they read it then great, if nobody read it, then their loss :smokin: