Has anyone else had this happen.....

Options
2»

Replies

• dcma47
    dcma47 Posts: 1
    Options
    You need to see you Dr before you continue. I don't think its the diet unless you are not eating enough.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I agree with other poster check back with your doctor.

There are a lot of things that can cause this. I had really bad palpitations for a couple of months before my wedding, I really thought I was going to have a heart attack or something, it was so bad, couldn't get my breath felt faint once or twice so I went to doc they checked everything all negative, she said it was stress and it would stop after the wedding. I thought she was full of c*ap. Got married and they stopped the next day, haven't had a problem since so I guess she knew what she was talking about after all. I didn't think I was stressed because it was a very relaxed affair but I must have been.

See your doc again just to be on the safe side. If you drink coffee/smoke try stopping for a while as well.

Another thing you might want to look at is your sugar consumption. add it to you macros in your diary to check how much you are eating only the cereal and shortbread you have logged are pretty high in sugar.
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My heart used to flutter/skip a beat when I stopped smoking. It was considered "normal" and went away eventually. Your symptoms could be a very clear sign that something is wrong for you, or it could be nothing. Don't freak out but hit up your doctor for more information :)
  • nero82
    nero82 Posts: 27
    Options
    Definately go to the doctor. or a NEW doctor. I had to go to the ER over xmas about my heart, and even though i am young and otherwise healthy, they took it seriously. Even when it all looked ok, I still had to go have an echocardiogram and thyroid tests. Seriously. GO to the doctor.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Please be aware that requesting medical advice or diagnosis in our forums is not a safe alternative to consulting with your physician or emergency care provider.

In many countries, including the US, it is actually considered an ethics violation for medical professionals to respond to such posts. The likelihood of you receiving valid medical advice pertinent to your exact situation is therefore extremely low.

This is why every page of the forum is followed by the text: "Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy"

As a result, this thread is being locked, and may be deleted at some point in the future.

With Respect,
    _Sally_
    MFP Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.