Why is my waist 1.5 inches bigger?? :(

Options
I'm really bummed.

I take my measurements once a month, and this morning was horrified to see that my waist was 1.5" bigger than last month! I started my weight loss journey on Jan. 15, 2011, and have always seen my measurements consistently get smaller... until today. I'm freaking out. A friend said maybe I'm doing too many ab exercises. Could that be? And if so, should I skip them? I don't "focus" on abs per se, but I follow the ab exercise portions of my kettlebell workout DVDs.

Also my weight is up 1lb in the last two weeks. I'm not premenstrual, drink lots of water, keep daily sodium to 1600mg or less, etc.

Thanks.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If it's been going down and suddenly shot back up, I'd imagine it's just bloating. Take the measurement again in a few days.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This :)
  • KellyRichwine
    Options
    Bloating will do that to your waist line. I had this problem recently - the difference between Friday and Sunday was 2 1/4 inches (larger on Friday then went down by Sunday)
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm not in my PMS time though, and I drink lots of water--I also started drinking green tea everyday about a week ago. Does eating a lot of fiber do this? I usually have 7-9 servings daily, and 1 fruit daily.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Could be fiber, could be that you have a lot of water or food in your stomach. Could be gas. Lots of possibilities. It really can fluctuate a lot from day to day. I wouldn't worry about it.