Good protein powder on a budget?

Options
2»

Replies

• Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    TrueProtein is great.

You can choose your flavors, sweeteners, etc., or simply order it unflavored and/or unsweetened. You can also create custom blends (Whey, Casein, egg, etc.).

Shipping can be a little pricey, though.

http://www.truenutrition.com/c-54-proteins.aspx

I'll check it out, thanks!
  • Collinsky
    Options
    well first thing i can say is body fortress can taste good if you use ice cold water and a blender (cookies and cream) but if you want a good tasting cheep powder go to www.vitacost.com and get muscle milk light vanilla cream tast best and its about $24 for a tub

We have strawberry now, and have had chocolate in the past -- I can't even get it down in water, no matter how cold it is. I put it in a blender, with milk. That helps. If I add a banana that helps more. But it's still got the aftertaste. I've seen some good things about Muscle Milk so I'll be looking into that, it seems like a good value.
  • Collinsky
    Options
    cheapest protein powder = go fishing. catch lots of fish. smash the fish into a fine powder. mix with chocolate milk. done and done.

If I just start mashing the fish with a mortar and pestle, without drying them first in some kind of dehydrator.. well, it will make a protein paste, not powder. And I've heard fish is better with vanilla????
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    cheapest protein powder = go fishing. catch lots of fish. smash the fish into a fine powder. mix with chocolate milk. done and done.

If I just start mashing the fish with a mortar and pestle, without drying them first in some kind of dehydrator.. well, it will make a protein paste, not powder. And I've heard fish is better with vanilla????

That's a really, really great point. But, I like my chocolate-fish-protein shakes kinda lumpy. For variety, add 1 teaspoon of mint extract.
  • mizrozzi
    Options
    Hi Collinsky,

Isopure.........you can find it at GNC. Call them first, since it does NOT stay on the shelves.

I learned of this through a friend who had the stomach reduction surgery. His usage is to break it into 3 servings throughout the day.

I really can not help with the budget issue.....but the taste is much better than those heavy whey powders.

This is a clear drink that comes in quite a few flavors.

160 Cal per 20 oz.
    Fat 0 Carbs 0 Calcium 55mg Sodium citrate 80 mg Potassium 45mg BCAA's 8,880 mg

I will post a link......unfortunately it also contains sucralose. I have a feeling these protein drinks would be intolerable were it not for a way to make them somewhat palatable. ( a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down)

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2612796
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Are you in the UK or US?
  • Collinsky
    Options

I will post a link......unfortunately it also contains sucralose. I have a feeling these protein drinks would be intolerable were it not for a way to make them somewhat palatable. ( a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down)

Thanks.... I am unfortunately one of those crazy people who would honestly prefer the spoonful of actual sugar to artificial sugars. :smile:
  • Collinsky
    Options
    Are you in the UK or US?

US